• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

The desire would be to get Ditko's signature since Stan's is so easy.

Yeah, but Ditko doesn't sign anything. Whatever the reasons, the man does not sign or do appearances. If someone could somehow manage a SS AF 15 with Ditko it might go for double to triple unsigned GPA. Maybe more if it was the only one or one of very few. That might be the only signature I would get on the cover of an AF 15, and I would still have to think about it a bit.

Think about how healthy a retirement he could fund by buying up 10 copies of AF 15, doing a SS run of those, and then reselling them as a limited edition. :o

Generally speaking, SS'd copies do sell for a higher premium than unsigned copies.

Yeah, I'll grant you that SS books will sell for more, just not to me. 2c

BTW, I've often wondered if you can get a SS label if you have an interior page signed. Does anyone know offhand? I might actually work on some SS if I wouldn't have to get the front cover signed. I like autographs, but I also like a nice unmarred cover...

Absolutely you can sign the interior. That is the way I would do it.

Isn't that forgery. :baiting:

Not if I'm twisting Ditko's other arm while he does it.

:insane:

As this thread has died down a bit I thought of an interesting question to pose: How many of you have actually read your copy of AF 15? When I got my CGC copy my wife asked if I would be depressed that I couldn't read it, and my response was that I have it reprinted about 20 different ways so I could just read one of them for the story. But yes, it is a bit sad that I can't read my original (though not sad enough for me to crack it out). So, have you read yours?

(I am relatively new to the boards, so if this has been done before and/or beaten to death already I apologize. I'm curious.)

As this thread has died down a bit I thought of an interesting question to pose: How many of you have actually read your copy of AF 15? When I got my CGC copy my wife asked if I would be depressed that I couldn't read it, and my response was that I have it reprinted about 20 different ways so I could just read one of them for the story. But yes, it is a bit sad that I can't read my original (though not sad enough for me to crack it out). So, have you read yours?

(I am relatively new to the boards, so if this has been done before and/or beaten to death already I apologize. I'm curious.)

See my avatar to the upper left ?

See my avatar to the upper left ?

Yep, and I saw the thread where you talked about cracking it out. Brave man! I hadn't seen too many other folks talking about it though, and my curiosity got the best of me.

I read mine to bits :eek:

Torn apart...

I bought both of mine before CGC or the number system existed. I read the first one around 1980, before there were any reprints that I knew of. The book was also only worth a couple of hundred dollars then.

It's different now, the fragile old books need to be handled without animals or kids or distractions.

Torn apart...

Wow,that sucks :(

Yes, I bought mine raw and definitely read it. Then got it graded. It was the 1st book I submitted to CGC. (thumbs u

Torn apart...

So how did the restoration go as well as the subsequent grading? Do you still have the book? Hope it all went well.

Darren

I had it restored by Matt Nelson & Ze-man. I opted for the least restoration possible, no pieces filled, no colour touch, only a wash and the re-attachment of the cover. I don't like resto at all so opted more for the "conservation" way.

This is what it looked like :

th_AF15.jpg

I loved what they did to the book and how it looked,but it was painful to keep as it kept reminding me of what happened so I traded it to a fellow collector for a piece of original art.

Book came back from CGC as a PLOD 3.0

I have two other AF 15's , bought one slabbed and the other raw and yes I did read the other one as well, that one thankfully did not fall apart :insane:

Wow... that blog post almost makes me want to slab my copy, or at the very least, stop reading mine.

:eek:

I wouldn't worry, the reason the book fell apart was that it hadn't been stored properly by the former owner and the pages were brittle..a fact the seller had neglected to tell me.

I've read almost all the Marve keys and never had the slightest problem except this time.

Wow... that blog post almost makes me want to slab my copy, or at the very least, stop reading mine.

I wouldn't worry, the reason the book fell apart was that it hadn't been stored properly by the former owner and the pages were brittle..a fact the seller had neglected to tell me.

I've read almost all the Marve keys and never had the slightest problem except this time.

I've read all my Spideys at one point or another (I'm 2 books shy of complete raw through #441) and never had a problem either. Kind of ironic that the one book I didn't read in the original is the AF 15, but if that is the tradeoff for owning one I will take it!

I've read all my Spideys at one point or another (I'm 2 books shy of complete raw through #441) and never had a problem either. Kind of ironic that the one book I didn't read in the original is the AF 15, but if that is the tradeoff for owning one I will take it!

All raw? I like this guy !

Would love to see his goods.

Would love to see his goods.

:devil:

That's what she said! lol

In the spirit of full disclosure I should add that I have slabbed a few books that I bought raw, but 95% of my ASM are still nice and raw.