• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Just picked up this copy for a pretty good price. Crappy pic but one of these days I'll send it off the CGC, book looks great except that chip missing on the right side

photo-35.jpg

Nice! :applause: Welcome to the club.

Nice copy .... restored? (shrug)

Nice copy .... restored? (shrug)

Thanks fellas, Nope no resto. Was purchased out of a large collection an older gentleman had in storage. The book has its dings, spine has very little wear and everythings in tact. Colors are bright. Read it a couple times, perhaps in the 2.5-3.0 area, but im just guessing. I could really care less what the grade is, its mine:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350387049929&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123&autorefresh=true

Just sold for slightly over 5k. I guess prices are coming back to reality?

That seems a strong enough price to me for a 3.5. I didn't pay a whole lot more than that for my 4.5 OW-W Blue label only 15 or so months ago. What is mind-boggling to me is that (A) the seller thought he could maximize his profit with crappy pictures like that, and (B) that someone was willing to gamble $5K on a book that he/she couldn't see clearly. Even in a CGC graded book eye appeal makes all the difference, and a pretty 3.5 will always do better than an ugly 3.5 will. I wouldn't have the guts to pull the trigger on that book at that price point with those pictures.

It's been a while since I've owned one of these. This is my second one ever and by far the prettier of the two.

AmazingFantasy15CGC6_5ow.jpg

Currently on ebay......going once, going twice.... (worship)

Man I have to get one of these back one day. Its the one silver book I always wished I had back.

Man thats a pretty book.

Very pretty 4.0 indeed. I bet if it wasn't the left piece out of the left corner, it could have been a 5.0.

Man thats a pretty book.

Very pretty 4.0 indeed. I bet if it wasn't the left piece out of the left corner, it could have been a 5.0.

Maybe, but then you have those creases in the lower right corner too. A 4.0 grade was definitely harsh on that copy, though.

Man thats a pretty book.

Maybe, but then you have those creases in the lower right corner too. A 4.0 grade was definitely harsh on that copy, though.

Your right. The creases on the right knocked it down too.