• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I just know that I saw 5.0 sales on Clink recently at that level. But now that they are sweeping results off their pages more quickly (and some don't ever even show up) that data is gone.

There's usually a reason it doesn't show up. If it never showed up, sometimes the sale never went through. Most commonly when they disappear I can tell it's because another copy in the same or a similar grade shows up, so the last one that sold disappears, which I assume is by the consignor's request or something a CL employee just decided would be best. I imagine if the previous sale of something is above market they'd leave it, but I'm not sure.

I just know that I saw 5.0 sales on Clink recently at that level. But now that they are sweeping results off their pages more quickly (and some don't ever even show up) that data is gone.

There's usually a reason it doesn't show up. If it never showed up, sometimes the sale never went through. Most commonly when they disappear I can tell it's because another copy in the same or a similar grade shows up, so the last one that sold disappears, which I assume is by the consignor's request or something a CL employee just decided would be best. I imagine if the previous sale of something is above market they'd leave it, but I'm not sure.

My only bit of evidence is that I sold a book in the August auction that I got paid for that never showed up as a completed sale. A copy in the same grade and same PQ sold for half my sale in the next month and that sale showed up as a sale pending. They also used to leave sales up for a year in some cases (again, going off books I bought and still saw as sales pending) but they don't do that any more.

The ASM 11 I bought in the Spring CLink auction was listed as pending afterwords. That was at a price a little over GPA(that I didn't know about at the time), but it was removed about two months later. They have books there now still, from a year or more as pending, last I noticed. I don't see any rhyme or reason to what they keep listed in their marketplace, and what they never even list.

I think the seven AF15's from auction two months ago are all pulled now, but 2-3 of them were there for a while.

My only bit of evidence is that I sold a book in the August auction that I got paid for that never showed up as a completed sale. A copy in the same grade and same PQ sold for half my sale in the next month and that sale showed up as a sale pending. They also used to leave sales up for a year in some cases (again, going off books I bought and still saw as sales pending) but they don't do that any more.

When you win an auction, it doesn't show up as "Sale Pending" until you go through their "checkout" process...maybe your buyer just sent the money without going through that step, dunno.

When you win an auction, it doesn't show up as "Sale Pending" until you go through their "checkout" process...maybe your buyer just sent the money without going through that step, dunno.

Maybe, but over a month later only the much lower sale is on their site.

Well... here goes:

As of yesterday, I handed over my Amazing Fantasy 15 to Chandler and Sharon for encapsulation... and a Stan Lee signature :)

I think Allan/Chromium's story about the cover on his first copy that detached spooked me a little too much. And to be honest, I've always thought my book my have a shot at being a little higher than a 1.5 FR/GD that I graded it as being because only 1 staple was popped and there was no missing pieces on the front cover--to include the ever-expected Marvel Chipping. I'll be excited if it comes back at GD- and I could possibly poo a bit if I see a solid GD :grin:

I'll miss my raw copy, but I'm much happier knowing my book will avoid that fate poor Alan had to experience.

Well... here goes:

As of yesterday, I handed over my Amazing Fantasy 15 to Chandler and Sharon for encapsulation... and a Stan Lee signature :)

I think Allan/Chromium's story about the cover on his first copy that detached spooked me a little too much. And to be honest, I've always thought my book my have a shot at being a little higher than a 1.5 FR/GD that I graded it as being because only 1 staple was popped and there was no missing pieces on the front cover--to include the ever-expected Marvel Chipping. I'll be excited if it comes back at GD- and I could possibly poo a bit if I see a solid GD :grin:

I'll miss my raw copy, but I'm much happier knowing my book will avoid that fate poor Alan had to experience.

Here's hoping for a 2.0 and possible poo. :wishluck:

that $32 more 4.0 had marvel chipping though. i'll take cr-ow w/no mc over white marvel chips all day long!![/quote]

I totally agree. Great eye appeal 4.0 have sold in the north of $6-8K back in 2008-2009. I was contemplating of purchasing the 4.0, but it sold so quickly.

While I cannot say with authority that multiple slabbed 4.0s did not sell for $6-8k in 2008-2009, GPA data shows sales during that period were between $4150 - $6573, the latter price being the all-time high as Loki already pointed out.

GPA is a great tool for sure, but not the whole market. Supply and demand is the key as Peter Loves Gwen stated. Also, not all copies are created equal in grades...same as plods.

Here's a price list I made last year and it was posted here before in the AF15 club. The market is a bit stronger now for better eye appeal AF15's then last year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my price list for unrestored Amazing Fantasy 15 with nice eye appeal and very minimal chipping and are at least cream to off-white pages. Of course, page quality will add a premium 5%-10%.

9.2 $180000-225000

9.0 $120000-140000

8.5 $80000-90000

8.0 $52000-60000

7.5 $45000-50000

7.0 $29000-32000

6.5 $20000-25000

6.0 $15000-18000

5.5 $12000-13000

5.0 $ 8500-10000

4.5 $6800-7500

4.0 $5200-6200

3.5 $4300-4800

3.0 $3700-4100

2.5 $3200-3500

2.0 $2800-3000

1.8 $2500-2700

1.5 $2100-2400

1.0 $1700-2000

In the middle tiers my adjustments would read as follows:

4.0 $5000-6000

4.5 $6200-7500

5.0 $7700-9000

5.5 $9200-11500

6.0 $12000-15000

Just my thoughts. (shrug)

Great insight. My list is for minimal chips and any copies without chips should deserve a premium. For example, Brannon 7.5 is the perfect example of a price premium. No chips and white pages.

Well... here goes:

Between you and me... I'm hoping for some poo too! ;)

Well... here goes:

Between you and me... I'm hoping for some poo too! ;)

Psst, press it, that'll do it.

Ladies and gentleman....can I join the club now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270644178560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have just purchased my first AF15 copy on ebay. I honestly thought nobody would bid more than $2000....anyway thanks to the strong €/US$ rate I decided to push to US$2550 because the book looks a very strong candidate for moderate to extensive restoration.

The book has old restoration on the cover and a small tear at the top rear cover. It looks like the cover was secured with glue along the spine inside the front cover.

Also, a small(1/4") tear on the edge of the front cover has been repaired on the inside. The center page is coming loose from the staple.

No chips or pages are missing...

1. How far would you push the restoration?

2. Would an extensive restoration guarantee a purple CGC 8.0-9.0 in your opinion?

3. I know many don't like a purple label...but my long term goal (when I get rich and famous :) ) is a Blue AF15 in CGC 6.5-8.0 !!!

Best regards

FEDERICO PICCININI

ITALY

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270644178560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I have just purchased my first AF15 copy on ebay. I honestly thought nobody would bid more than $2000....anyway thanks to the strong €/US$ rate I decided to push to US$2550 because the book looks a very strong candidate for moderate to extensive restoration.

The book has old restoration on the cover and a small tear at the top rear cover. It looks like the cover was secured with glue along the spine inside the front cover.

Also, a small(1/4") tear on the edge of the front cover has been repaired on the inside. The center page is coming loose from the staple.

2. Would an extensive restoration guarantee a purple CGC 8.0-9.0 in your opinion?

3. I know many don't like a purple label...but my long term goal (when I get rich and famous :) ) is a Blue AF15 in CGC 6.5-8.0 !!!

Best regards

FEDERICO PICCININI

ITALY

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Send a PM to Ze-man (Kenny) he'll tell you what the resto possibilities are.

And welcome to the club :)

email.gifClick here to PM Ze-man

Best regards

FEDERICO PICCININI

ITALY

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Even if Ze-man or Matt N. should go ballistic on this one (performing full monthy Ext) I doubt with all due respect that it will reach an 8.0 apparenty grade

Best regards

FEDERICO PICCININI

ITALY

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Even if Ze-man or Matt N. should go ballistic on this one (performing full monthy Ext) I doubt with all due respect that it will reach an 8.0 apparenty grade

+1

I don't see a 7.0 extensive restoration job is doable here. a 6.0 is more likely the best case scenario.

Welcome to the club, and the boards. I think Matt can do a lot with that, but it's too hard for us to make a good guess as to where it will end up.

That book already has permanent restoration, so more will not hurt the current value. Matt will be able to suggest what is best, little to a lot of work on it. I think the spine area has a ton of damage to it that may keep it from reaching much beyond the 7.0 range. I believe the cover will have to come off to improve it at all. It may turn out to look a lot like a 9.0, but still get a CGC grade in the 6.0-7.0 range. Good luck,

Best regards

FEDERICO PICCININI

ITALY

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

+1

I don't see a 7.0 extensive restoration job is doable here. a 6.0 is more likely the best case scenario.

Unfortunately this is pretty much accurate. :(

Not that it isn't a decent resto candidate(because it already had previous amateur work done)

It would just cost a fortune to restore, and the amount of previous glue and CT would ultimately affect the final grade. Both of which are not in Federicos favor.

While painful, I think it might be a better route to relist this copy and put that money towards a better overall copy to restore. Easier said then done I know, but if his goal is to own a HG copy, that takes time as well as a bit of luck and a lot of perseverance.