• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

This is the weirdest cut I've ever seen on an AF15. Not only does it have an angled miswrap, it's cut like an upside-down trapezoid with the bottom of the comic being about 3/4" narrower than the top. I've seen trapezoidal cuts like that on later Marvel issues--it's extremely common on tons of issues from 1967 and various other ones such as Spidey #25 which I may have never seen without a trapezoidal cut--but I've NEVER seen it on an AF15 until now. :eek:

ama12.333a.jpg

Ditto, I saw the odd miss-wrap too, but I didn't notice it being miss-cut also. I've had a time with ASM 109 and 112 recently, those are cut that way a lot.

That's crazy, I didn't notice the miscut at first either but a whole row of windows are missing on that bottom right building with the lone guy on top. I am a fan of when you can see the entire "A" of Amazing and the entire 12 cent circle. Those were important criteria for me when picking my copy.

as a collector, I would value a nice looking 6.0 more than that miscut 8.5 (shrug)

So when are you going to add one to your collection and not sell it or sell it when the price is right. :baiting:

I actually have 4 right now...a cgc 8.0 blue ow/w (former 7.0 pressed to 8.0) is "my" copy (not for sale)... and I have a couple of 5.0's and a 4.5 that will be for sale (thumbs u

as a collector, I would value a nice looking 6.0 more than that miscut 8.5 (shrug)

So when are you going to add one to your collection and not sell it or sell it when the price is right. :baiting:

I actually have 4 right now...a cgc 8.0 blue ow/w (former 7.0 pressed to 8.0) is "my" copy (not for sale)... and I have a couple of 5.0's and a 4.5 that will be for sale (thumbs u

Wow..."your copy" (worship) . So 6.0 for me an 8.0 for you. :luhv:

in all fairness to complete disclosure, I co own the book with a friend... I traded a nice book towards "half" of it when it was still a 7.0, knowing it had a large non color breaking crease (at least was told) and that it would likely press out to a 8.0 range... so, it was as win/win... but I am happy with calling it "my" copy, but in reality, only 1/2 of it is "mine" lol

in all fairness to complete disclosure, I co own the book with a friend... I traded a nice book towards "half" of it when it was still a 7.0, knowing it had a large non color breaking crease (at least was told) and that it would likely press out to a 8.0 range... so, it was as win/win... but I am happy with calling it "my" copy, but in reality, only 1/2 of it is "mine" lol

You are in the title too. (thumbs u lol

You are in the title too. (thumbs u lol

it was "bought into" knowing that the former 100% owner didn't want to sell, but rather than pay me a large sum of money for a book he wanted, I offered to trade the books' value into the AF15, because it was "priced right" and "had potential"... so, that is why I say it is not for sale, because 1)that decision is not mine alone 2) we both like "owning" it, so no reason to sell.... working the custody out, that is all that is left (book is not in my possession, but will be soon)

Well... here goes:

As of yesterday, I handed over my Amazing Fantasy 15 to Chandler and Sharon for encapsulation... and a Stan Lee signature :)

I think Allan/Chromium's story about the cover on his first copy that detached spooked me a little too much. And to be honest, I've always thought my book my have a shot at being a little higher than a 1.5 FR/GD that I graded it as being because only 1 staple was popped and there was no missing pieces on the front cover--to include the ever-expected Marvel Chipping. I'll be excited if it comes back at GD- and I could possibly poo a bit if I see a solid GD :grin:

I'll miss my raw copy, but I'm much happier knowing my book will avoid that fate poor Alan had to experience.

Well folks... the grade is in and the survey says....

GD- 1.8!!!

:banana::whee:

Well... here goes:

As of yesterday, I handed over my Amazing Fantasy 15 to Chandler and Sharon for encapsulation... and a Stan Lee signature :)

I think Allan/Chromium's story about the cover on his first copy that detached spooked me a little too much. And to be honest, I've always thought my book my have a shot at being a little higher than a 1.5 FR/GD that I graded it as being because only 1 staple was popped and there was no missing pieces on the front cover--to include the ever-expected Marvel Chipping. I'll be excited if it comes back at GD- and I could possibly poo a bit if I see a solid GD :grin:

I'll miss my raw copy, but I'm much happier knowing my book will avoid that fate poor Alan had to experience.

GD- 1.8!!!

:applause:

Well... here goes:

GD- 1.8!!!

Congrats, but the question on everyone's mind is: poo or no poo?

Well... here goes:

GD- 1.8!!!

Very nice, and my book also retained its grade. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm relieved to hear the grade stayed the same. :cloud9:

working the custody out, that is all that is left (book is not in my possession, but will be soon)

I'm guessing you get to see it every other weekend and on holidays? :juggle:

likely do 3 month stints lol

Well... here goes:

GD- 1.8!!!

No, I didn't poo--but I did get a big smile on my face.... so it could just have been gas :grin:

I'll be excited to see it in person though once it arrives :headbang:

Well... here goes:

GD- 1.8!!!

No, I didn't poo--but I did get a big smile on my face.... so it could just have been gas :grin:

I'll be excited to see it in person though once it arrives :headbang:

Please post the book in the fresh new slab (thumbs u