• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

$9k vs $150k, hell, crack it out, have the CT removed and rub some dirt on the edge and see what happens. A couple of marvel chips would take the trim job right off.

;) It did look great when I took it out before sending it off to NY:

pict2729.jpg

af15rawfront90cttrimmed.jpg

:golfclap:

Here's my AF 15.

Bought it 8 or 9 years ago.

Sorry for the pic. It's the only one I have handy.

AF15.jpg

Sweet book. :applause:

I think all copies will be viewed with awe 20-40 years farther into the future. Just the last 10-15 years have gained a ton of respect for the lower grade books. Wait another 10-15 years.

Here's my AF 15.

Bought it 8 or 9 years ago.

Sorry for the pic. It's the only one I have handy.

AF15.jpg

Sweet. :applause: How much re-gloss is apparent?

Very, very nice book.

You say 8 or 9 years ago you bought it. Have you any idea how rare these very slightly restored HG copies of AF15 are? They dont seem 'to hang on trees' lol

Guess you got it cheap being bought back in the day?

By the way: Circle 8 is that a pedigree or a collecton?

Any idea about the pre restoe grade? 9.0 ?

$9k vs $150k, hell, crack it out, have the CT removed and rub some dirt on the edge and see what happens. A couple of marvel chips would take the trim job right off.

pict2729.jpg

Theres slight bleedthrough marginally visible in that pic ...

Very, very nice book.

You say 8 or 9 years ago you bought it. Have you any idea how rare these very slightly restored HG copies of AF15 are? They dont seem 'to hang on trees' lol

Guess you got it cheap being bought back in the day?

By the way: Circle 8 is that a pedigree or a collecton?

Any idea about the pre restoe grade? 9.0 ?

Thanks for the nice comments :foryou:

The seller seemed to be of the opinion that the pre resto grade would be VFish, and, of course no work should have been done to the book. doh!

Circle 8 is (or at least was) a pedigree.

I'm not a resto expert, so I can't really comment on the re-gloss. The book looks normal to me (through the slab at least); not at all "worn".

I've always been a bit embarassed about what I spent on it at the time, but I like the book, and I'm happy with it.

It was the most I ever spent on a book; just under 6k. I really have no idea if that's bad or not...Depends on the individual, I guess.

pict2729.jpg

Where?

pict2729.jpg

Where?

That's the amateur color touch barely showing on the inner cover, at the top of the spine and below the top staple. They touched where the spine creases are on the brown.

pict2729.jpg

Where?

two dots along the spine bleed through?? the owner would know ??

pict2729.jpg

Looks better than my PQ which is bone white!

Thanks for the nice comments :foryou:

The seller seemed to be of the opinion that the pre resto grade would be VFish, and, of course no work should have been done to the book. doh!

Circle 8 is (or at least was) a pedigree.

I'm not a resto expert, so I can't really comment on the re-gloss. The book looks normal to me (through the slab at least); not at all "worn".

I've always been a bit embarassed about what I spent on it at the time, but I like the book, and I'm happy with it.

It was the most I ever spent on a book; just under 6k. I really have no idea if that's bad or not...Depends on the individual, I guess.

Seriously, anybody have an opinion on the current market value of the AF 15 9.4 SP Trimmed?

I'm curious.

I'd maybe consider trading for an unrestored one of high enough grade and eye appeal... hm

I would place it in the low teens k$ based on the number of restored books in that high of grade(5), the 19 9.0s that are basically all under $10k, and the markets opinion of PLODs.

The right buyer would appreciate it more based on their want of that high grade and how few there are. Finding that person or two is the hard part.

I would wait if possible if the goal is to upgrade that way. That is, I'd try to buy the right book now that you are looking for, and hold onto that 9.4 as long as possible to sell. The 9.4 should go up at least as fast as unrestored AF15's. I think eventually the PLODs will go up more, whenever they are all even harder to find to buy. That may be a long time though, for the percentage to go up much from the low level it's at now. Regards,