• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

All the seller needs is for a few people's hope and greed to outweigh common sense ;) But this is not going to end well for the buyer, methinks. I hope someone's reported this listing by now...

I JUST PICKED UP A COPY OF AF #15 ,THE GRADE IS 3.0 RESTORED, BUT I FINALLY GOT ONE AFTER 26 YRS. OF WAITING.

I SOLD MY LAST COPY IN 1986 TO A LUCKY COLLECTOR ,TOO CHEEP! DUE TO WHAT ELSE,NEEDED CASH.

THIS ONE IS A KEEPER BECAUSE I'M GETTING TO OLD TO WAIT ANOTHER 26 YRS.

HAPPY TO BE IN THE CLUB! AS SOON AS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A PICTURE I WILL.

I JUST PICKED UP A COPY OF AF #15 ,THE GRADE IS 3.0 RESTORED, BUT I FINALLY GOT ONE AFTER 26 YRS. OF WAITING.

I SOLD MY LAST COPY IN 1986 TO A LUCKY COLLECTOR ,TOO CHEEP! DUE TO WHAT ELSE,NEEDED CASH.

tooloud.jpg

tooloud.jpg

I cannot hear you, can you scream(with caps) a little louder.

Just joined the club and am beyond excited to get this book recently:

AF15fc.jpg

Congrats on the pickup!!! :applause:

The best low grade books have damage on the edges, but the center where your eyes tend to look first is still nice! 2c

Your Spidey looks great! Your copy is VERY similar to mine. (thumbs u

I don't know if this is a board members book or not,but I would never buy a high priced key that's not CGC graded.Why would'nt someone use CGC for a book like this? because it's probably been manipulated somehow,and we all know how well PGX's restoration detection is.

I agree. If someone can`t afford to have a book worth something in the thousands cgc`ed,then their usually is a good chance something is wrong with it.

me in 2000. i was going to buy this comic for about 2,500 dollars

DrivetoElPaso2001_55.jpg

me reading said comic:

hueyaf15.jpg

however, i found the interior to be moldy and the staples rusty. a real shame.

flashforward 12 years:

af15cgc55.jpg

thanks to comicmylars on ebay i became a full-fledged member.

and found out it had some history here on the boards:

af1550.jpg

now, when i was little and i first bought my copy--it had a date stamp that said 6-5 also, so the pencil mark on the cover doesn't bother me at all. as far as i'm concerned it's a date stamp and it's all good. appears to be a much higher grade than it was re-submitted at. what do you guys think?

me in 2000. i was going to buy this comic for about 2,500 dollars

DrivetoElPaso2001_55.jpg

me reading said comic:

hueyaf15.jpg

however, i found the interior to be moldy and the staples rusty. a real shame.

Wonder what condition it eventually got graded at?

If it wasn't trimmed it looks really nice from the pictures!

Your 5.5 is :cloud9:

not sure! it had nice white pages except for the middle few pages where there was mildew and two really rusty staples. it was a deal breaker and a heart breaker too. eye appeal was outstanding. it had one blunted corner and you can probably see the slight ripple in the cover from the interior water damage. i borrowed the book from the owner of american comics and cards in september of 2000 and told him i would bring it back the next day. i had been a dealer and a shop owner for a few years and he was very cool about that. i believe he said it was a book on commission. i brought it back the next day and declined the offer. but, i wonder what it eventually graded out at too.

that water damage was just a ticking time bomb. Couldn't bring myself to seal the deal

thanks, i think so too. by the way i was noticing that you have a lot of avengers you are looking for. chuck from milehigh comics just got in a huge marvel collection that had a huge amount of n/m condition books. he dropped them off at the cgc last week. maybe he will have something you need. he's been running a 60% off sale on back issues for about 6 weeks for readers of his weekly newsletter. might be worth looking into.