• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Ok guys I'm selling my 6.5 in the november comic link auction, and I only have my estate sale AF 15 left, so I was going to sell it and go for the HA 5.0 white, but my father and I sent in about 8 books to CGC and the estate AF 15 was one of them, we found out the grade of the estate AF 15 grade today. It has long creases on it so I estimated CGC would give it a 2.0 to 2.5, but it is so clean and has extremely nice gloss, greys and color on it. It came back a 4.0, so I'm excited and best of all it got WHITE pages, theres nothing better than a VG with great PQ (white pages), I'm just going to keep this one and sit on it for years to come, we previously ( 1 month ago) put it raw on ebay (some of you guys may remember seeing it) and I'm glad no one bought it now :banana: The funny thing is we bought this book on ebay about 3 months ago and the consigner said it had "creamy" pages, I guess he didn't know to much about the Page Quality of 50 year old books (shrug) but I'm not complaining (thumbs u

here are pictures of it raw, and it when it come in ill put pictures of it slabbed

Looks to be a nice, affordable low grade copy.

Ok guys I'm selling my 6.5 in the november comic link auction, and I only have my estate sale AF 15 left, so I was going to sell it and go for the HA 5.0 white, but my father and I sent in about 8 books to CGC and the estate AF 15 was one of them, we found out the grade of the estate AF 15 grade today. It has long creases on it so I estimated CGC would give it a 2.0 to 2.5, but it is so clean and has extremely nice gloss, greys and color on it. It came back a 4.0, so I'm excited and best of all it got WHITE pages, theres nothing better than a VG with great PQ (white pages), I'm just going to keep this one and sit on it for years to come, we previously ( 1 month ago) put it raw on ebay (some of you guys may remember seeing it) and I'm glad no one bought it now :banana: The funny thing is we bought this book on ebay about 3 months ago and the consigner said it had "creamy" pages, I guess he didn't know to much about the Page Quality of 50 year old books (shrug) but I'm not complaining (thumbs u

here are pictures of it raw, and it when it come in ill put pictures of it slabbed

Ver nice. Lovele color. (thumbs u

So did you do what I suggested or was ot a straight resub?

Not sure, remind me, what did you suggest? hm My posts about this book was some time back, and I couldn't find the thread anymore. But what I did was get the graders notes over the phone from CGC (2 graders thought it was a 4.0, only the finalizer said 3.5) and I brought the book in person to the NYCC and talked to one of the graders on premises, and he agreed (that the book looked a lot better than a 3.5 and) to review the grade. Bingo, he did and it got the grade I always thought it should have gotten. Too bad it cost me twice (to have it graded by CGC) but the upgrade certainly makes it worthwhile.

Not sure, remind me, what did you suggest? hm My posts about this book was some time back, and I couldn't find the thread anymore. But what I did was get the graders notes over the phone from CGC (2 graders thought it was a 4.0, only the finalizer said 3.5) and I brought the book in person to the NYCC and talked to one of the graders on premises, and he agreed (that the book looked a lot better than a 3.5 and) to review the grade. Bingo, he did and it got the grade I always thought it should have gotten. Too bad it cost me twice (to have it graded by CGC) but the upgrade certainly makes it worthwhile.

I suggested sending it to Matt Nelson and pay $3 for his opinion whether the book is upgradeable. I remembered the book was a 3.0 that was bumped to a 3.5 the first time it was resub right?

I suggested sending it to Matt Nelson and pay $3 for his opinion whether the book is upgradeable. I remembered the book was a 3.0 that was bumped to a 3.5 the first time it was resub right?

Your memory is, as always, remarkable. You are exactly right. The only deviation, i.e. detour was to go right to CGC. Matt had seen the book when it was first given to him to examine, (resub) and yes it was pressed, and he thought it might grade a 4.0, but felt it was on the edge. I always felt it was worthy, and held out resubbing it, until this year when the opportunity seemed to present itself for me to do so at NYCC. I'm ecstatic that it got a 4.0, expecially in light of the fact it was once a 3.0 CR old-style label. Those old labels just keep on giving. :grin:

Af15 cgc 1.8 white pages sold for $3353 ebay 05/08/09

:tonofbricks:

Dont feel too bad , have patience, I personally witnessed two transactions recently with my own eyes. A 3.5 Blue (off-white pages copy ) sold for 4k even! No joke , not making it up. So again I say patience, top premium will only go on for as long as people pay, once the books start sitting around for a while they will come back to earth. Thousands of AF 15s out there, one will pop up in the price range you want to pay.

agreed...prices on af15's across all grades, (even 8.0 range) are falling and falling fast...stay true, be steady and be patient!

white pg bump for hawkman23