• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Here's my up grade and one of my favorite white pager. :cloud9::banana:

RAD2D1FE2011929_134442.jpg

What a great book Rich. I am so glad you were able to ogtain it. The PQ, gloss, colors, overall look of this book is fabulous.

Congrats many times and I will end with the famous golf clap!! (worship) (worship) (thumbs u :golfclap:

Ditto, and it wasn't predictable(all copies of one issue).

Check out the Saginaw collection which just sold many issues of ASM. The 8.5 AF 15 and 2-3 of the earliest issues didn't seem to have any Marvel chipping, but most of the early issues did have pre-chipping.

That collection supposedly came from the same one owner, from the same comic store. If that is true, then the paper condition(result now with age) wasn''t tied to a location, but random among each print run. To me that means that the paper quality likely didn't change within a run, an issue, but the cutting heads of the trimming machines did change along the way.

Here's my up grade and one of my favorite white pager. :cloud9::banana:

RAD2D1FE2011929_134442.jpg

What a great book Rich. I am so glad you were able to ogtain it. The PQ, gloss, colors, overall look of this book is fabulous.

Congrats many times and I will end with the famous golf clap!! (worship) (worship) (thumbs u :golfclap:

Thanks Brannon for letting me be the next Daddy of this book. (worship):banana::cloud9:

What a book. Man. A thing of beauty. There is no number of cliches that can fully capture what it is we're looking at.

Okay, taking it down several notches (okay, several hundred notches :lol:)...

I noticed a CGC 0.5 (CRM/OW) in the ComicLink auction that ends tonight (just before 8 PM EST). It's currently at 1,701 which, to me, is pretty incredible considering it is an incomplete book with some married pages (its notes: "Last page missing, does not affect story. 1st page & 3 center wraps married.").

Maybe this is another indication that even the lowest of the low copies are beginning to be out of reach for tons of common folk comic collectors. Or maybe this is one of AF #15's upswings and in another couple of years prices will be about the same for these uber-low graders (:think: but I wouldn't want to be betting on that option).

What a book. Man. A thing of beauty. There is no number of cliches that can fully capture what it is we're looking at.

Okay, taking it down several notches (okay, several hundred notches :lol:)...

I noticed a CGC 0.5 (CRM/OW) in the ComicLink auction that ends tonight (just before 8 PM EST). It's currently at 1,701 which, to me, is pretty incredible considering it is an incomplete book with some married pages (its notes: "Last page missing, does not affect story. 1st page & 3 center wraps married.").

Maybe this is another indication that even the lowest of the low copies are beginning to be out of reach for tons of common folk comic collectors. Or maybe this is one of AF #15's upswings and in another couple of years prices will be about the same for these uber-low graders (:think: but I wouldn't want to be betting on that option).

I posted an earlier thread about AF15 being on the move, and I'm hoping it's a trend. Reason being of course is because I already picked up a 2.5 copy and I paid a premium for it (albeit knowingly).

On the minus side mine has CR/OW pages, but on the plus side it has no marvel chipping. I'm not sure which has greater impact on the price.