• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I may have to disagree that 3% of AF 15's have white pages. I believe the percentage is lower than that since there are tons of raw copies that were not certified.

I just meant the certified copies. Hadn't thought about the raw population.

It really is pretty humorous when things like this come up i gotta say.

At least twice, i have been CRUCIFIED for saying how i only want to buy white page books. Both times, everyone and their mother jumped in and said how PQ means less than nothing, is COMPLETELY arbitrary and a c/ow book could EASILY get ow/w on a resub and a white could EASILY become ow. Spending extra for white pages is asinine blah, blah, blah.

It's nice to get a white paged book, but it's also true that CGC is all over the place when it comes to to PQ. At least half the books I have resubbed have come back with another PQ, some went up, some went down. The strange thing is that most of the time when I got a grade bump I got a PQ decrease.

The last being a Hulk #181 5.0 WHITE which came back as a 5.5 OW/W.

I had a similar incident recently with a Tech 140 which was a 5.0 White pages. I resubbed it and it came back the same. I resubbed it yet again and this time it came back 6.0 Off white to white. It seems when the grade goes up, the pq goes down.

I had a similar incident recently with a Tech 140 which was a 5.0 White pages. I resubbed it and it came back the same. I resubbed it yet again and this time it came back 6.0 Off white to white. It seems when the grade goes up, the pq goes down.

Did you have the book pressed to jump from a 5.0 to 6.0?

Have you guys seen the raw 8.0-8.5 on ebay? It's listed in a no reserve auction starting at 12,500 and has a BIN around 62,500 I think. I believe this is the book Bijoubaby05 had on ebay for a BIN around 8,500 a few weeks ago, Bijoubaby05 stated that it had some sort of resto on it, I don't remember if it was color touch or trimming. This auction seems very fishy as the seller states nothing on the topic of restoration. Seems as if the seller is avoiding the subject, and also the seller uses bijoubaby05's classic return policy of "if I have significantly misrepresented the book, returns are accepted".