• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

i know the owner of this book, not legit (thumbs u

I won this book. I offered to pay with cash in person, seller refused and insisted on Paypal. I offered to fly out and pay with Paypal as soon as I saw the book. I have not heard back from the seller since.

Figured it was not the real deal.

Hopefully runner up bidders don't get duped.

Roy, you should know by now that you need to run all of your potential purchases by G.A.tor first. Lesson learned, so don't let it happen again!

i know the owner of this book, not legit (thumbs u

I won this book. I offered to pay with cash in person, seller refused and insisted on Paypal. I offered to fly out and pay with Paypal as soon as I saw the book. I have not heard back from the seller since.

Figured it was not the real deal.

Hopefully runner up bidders don't get duped.

Roy, you should know by now that you need to run all of your potential purchases by G.A.tor first. Lesson learned, so don't let it happen again!

what's even funnier, that is my picture that was swiped and cropped lol

typically even these 100+ feedback sellers have their accounts "jacked"...not always, but many times... I love the ones that do nothing but sell shoes (or whatever) , account is inactive for a few months and them "blam", 100K comic lol

Im sorry ,but if people are that stupid and spend this much money on stuff they cant tell isnt real then they shouldnt be buying high dollar books.

Amen! :applause: Ebay is OK for low dollar books,but if I'm spending big money on a book I want the transaction to be a personal deal face to face. 2c

Well I am officially out of this club (for now). Sold, got paid, and shipped out my membership yesterday. I thought I would feel real bad, but not too bad I guess. I did purchase the book in March this year for a 1/3 less than what I got for it last week, add in the fact that there was some smokin' deals passing by the auction blocks and the timing seemed just ripe. I guess I will hope for this dip that some of you speak of, to get back into this wondeful club. See ya.

It's interesting that this scammer is mobile. Moving from town-to-town around Indy. I was the highest bidder on this one last month from Shelbyville. I requested more pictures -- comic book laying on top of a current issue of the Indianapolis Star. The reply back was a functionally illiterate rambling that included a 60% discount if I paypal'd them immediately.

typically even these 100+ feedback sellers have their accounts "jacked"...

Here is a typical phishing email I receive frequently . . .

Hi,

I have purchased on the 18th November 2011 your eBay item: http;//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllViewItem&item=133650497510

But there is a problem now. I can't get access to it in my Purchase History since apparently the listing has been removed or this item is not available. ! But what will happen now? Will I be refunded for my purchase or will you ship my purchase?

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Well I am officially out of this club (for now). Sold, got paid, and shipped out my membership yesterday. I thought I would feel real bad, but not too bad I guess. I did purchase the book in March this year for a 1/3 less than what I got for it last week, add in the fact that there was some smokin' deals passing by the auction blocks and the timing seemed just ripe. I guess I will hope for this dip that some of you speak of, to get back into this wondeful club. See ya.

Congrats!

Sometimes you have to get in and sometimes you have to get out... (thumbs u

Congrats!

Sometimes you have to get in and sometimes you have to get out... (thumbs u

+1 That was a nice 5.0.