• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Not to mention, there is a possibility someone may have tried to remove it. hm

I'm pretty sure it was there before someone tried to regrade it recently.

Not to mention, there is a possibility someone may have tried to remove it. hm

I'm pretty sure it was there before someone tried to regrade it recently.

Interesting to see what will happen next. Books in this caliber, one should be careful not to have it worked on too much. The spine and staple can only take so much.

Not sure if you guys are talking about the grey smudge on the front cover but that's not a stain...it's just grey ink smudging where there was no gloss. Very common on 1961 and up Marvels till around some time in 1963/4.

I certainly didn't inspect the book personally but from the scan it looked to me like someone tried to erase something out... was enough to keep me from bidding.

Not sure if you guys are talking about the grey smudge on the front cover but that's not a stain...it's just grey ink smudging where there was no gloss. Very common on 1961 and up Marvels till around some time in 1963/4.

I certainly didn't inspect the book personally but from the scan it looked to me like someone tried to erase something out... was enough to keep me from bidding.

Pretty sure it's just smudging from fingers handling the book.

If I had 8,000 avail on a CC I'd buy this book and overnight ship/grade it. Looks untrimmed/unpressed from the pic and the seller has a high feedback. There's an ASM1 listed and it is stated that it is trimmed. So why not? This book looks like a solid 5.5/6.0 after a press. Just msg for some BC scans.

AF15 on the Bay

If I had 8,000 avail on a CC I'd buy this book and overnight ship/grade it. Looks untrimmed/unpressed from the pic and the seller has a high feedback. There's an ASM1 listed and it is stated that it is trimmed. So why not? This book looks like a solid 5.5/6.0 after a press. Just msg for some BC scans.

AF15 on the Bay

Those are interesting, but note that the description of each includes this comment;

"I'm listing 3 comic books for a friend. He has collected comics for years and wrote the description and took the photos. "

I would worry about a sale from an unknown person through another member user.

AF15 on the Bay

Those are interesting, but note that the description of each includes this comment;

"I'm listing 3 comic books for a friend. He has collected comics for years and wrote the description and took the photos. "

I would worry about a sale from an unknown person through another member user.

Chargeback + it falls under the sellers responsibility. They have 8k feedback. They know better.

Here is an AF 15 CGC 5.0 at $13,000 right now on Ebay. :o

Looks good but upon closer inspection it has several stains. You can't get the stains out, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-0-ow-Marvel-Silver-Age-Comic-1st-Origin-Lee-Kirby-/380417168325?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5892a153c5

Just got into the hobby. But this book was at the top of my list.

395369_10150595018112736_521797735_9380060_1470443263_n-1.jpg

That is a Big Time book! Nice!

Is that the raw copy that was auctioned off on eBay a few months ago?

I know there was a restored copy floating around that was being sold as unrestored.

Not trying to scare you...just curious and making sure you got a decent purchase there.