• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Here is an AF 15 CGC 5.0 at $13,000 right now on Ebay. :o

Looks good but upon closer inspection it has several stains. You can't get the stains out, right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-0-ow-Marvel-Silver-Age-Comic-1st-Origin-Lee-Kirby-/380417168325?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5892a153c5

Those stains won't come out as far as I know but that is a very pretty looking book.

My JIM #83 personal copy was similar.

Other than the hideous staining, it is a banging book.

One person's hideous is another person's gorgeous copy.

I loved the fact that the stains were on the back cover of my JIM #83 because it looked like a VF from the front.

Just got into the hobby. But this book was at the top of my list.

395369_10150595018112736_521797735_9380060_1470443263_n-1.jpg

That is a Big Time book! Nice!

Is that the raw copy that was auctioned off on eBay a few months ago?

I know there was a restored copy floating around that was being sold as unrestored.

Not trying to scare you...just curious and making sure you got a decent purchase there.

Nah this is restored for sure, I bought it from a guy locally he let me in on it. Color touch, Cleaning, Staples replaced and paper added. Still I was all over it at his price. He had 5 in his collection said he had been collecting for the last 45 years.

Other than the hideous staining, it is a banging book.

One person's hideous is another person's gorgeous copy.

I loved the fact that the stains were on the back cover of my JIM #83 because it looked like a VF from the front.

That's definitely true in some cases. In the case of the AF15 on the bay, it looks like water stains on the BC especially the one at the top looks to have gone all the way through the book, since it can be seen on the upper left FC as well.

Whoot I'm finally in!!

Thanks Peter at Paradise Comics :whee:

AF15SSCGC55F.jpg

AF15SSCGC55B.jpg

That is a powerful looking copy. Nice signature placement, nice page quality, nice eye appeal, excellent all around. Congrats !!!! :applause:

That is a powerful looking copy. Nice signature placement, nice page quality, nice eye appeal, excellent all around. Congrats !!!! :applause:

Thanks,

How could I resist such a super nice copy :cloud9:

Besides the sale is helping Pete expand his store so the cause was good and the book is going to a nice new home (win - win).

Now there's a book that deserves a Stan Lee sig :applause:

I love the fact that when Stan signed it, he did it so that it his signature only is in the sky and touches nothing. Not even webbing. I'm sure it was pure chance, but it looks like he was trying to avoid everything.