• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

My ticket to the club arrived this afternoon! Needless to say I'm thrilled...I'm gonna spend all evening just staring at it.

Ladies and Gentleman, my grail!

AmazingFantasy15CGC15SSStanLeeOwW.jpg

Great book man glad you held out and found one that fits your style. Now it's time to turn the rest of those labels yellow.

Shhh...don't say that too loud...you could get us beat up by certain people around here. lol

My ticket to the club arrived this afternoon! Needless to say I'm thrilled...I'm gonna spend all evening just staring at it.

JerseyComicBoy, I am glad you are thrilled with it.

I got the Stan Lee sig thru Desert Wind Comics. It's the first time I sent off a comic to get it signed. That was a long 6 weeks of waiting, but as you can see, it was well worth it. (Thanks to Chandler and Sharon at DWC)

AmazingFantasy15CGC15SSStanLeeOwW.jpg

Great book man glad you held out and found one that fits your style. Now it's time to turn the rest of those labels yellow.

Shhh...don't say that too loud...you could get us beat up by certain people around here. lol

nice

:whatthe: This thread somehow slipped to page 3. :sumo:

Onward...

One of the next posts surely needs to be Ghost Town's AF #15...which he just posted in the ASM thread. Utterly unbelievable. The centering. The grade. The colors and gloss. What words are there really? :shrug: :preach:

Meanwhile, on planet earth, there's a 0.5 copy available in the upcoming ComicLink auction. :lol:

Fifty years ago (tomorrow)....this AF15 arrived at the newsstand. See first scan below. What's special about this book is the OO (Ed "Eddie" Sarley) purchased (2) copies off the stands, one for reading and one for permanent storage. The cool Ohio climate preserved the books incredibly. Ed graduated from Cleveland State University, dabbled in the stock market, and was forward thinking in the comic collecting hobby. Unfortunately, Ed died in a tragic auto accident T'giving Day 1974 at the youthful age of 25. He left a legacy of SA books, untouched for decades in a small upstairs closet at his parent's home in Ohio.

Many of you know I purchased this book in last year's HA Signature Auction in August. I thought it appropriate to show the 50 year stamp on it (for Ed). This book represents many years of blood, sweat, and tears (and upgrading) for me. It's special. (thumbs u

126923.jpg.194666d6318f2343272a7970b92095f4.jpg

126924.jpg.5ced3eb2931b9eb01706441bebc0a5ad.jpg

126925.jpg.149c0e512eea8780ac7b3f095f6cc71d.jpg

Fifty years ago (tomorrow)....this AF15 arrived at the newsstand. See first scan below. What's special about this book is the OO (Ed "Eddie" Sarley) purchased (2) copies off the stands, one for reading and one for permanent storage. The cool Ohio climate preserved the books incredibly. Ed graduated from Cleveland State University, dabbled in the stock market, and was forward thinking in the comic collecting hobby. Unfortunately, Ed died in a tragic auto accident T'giving Day 1974 at the youthful age of 25. He left a legacy of SA books, untouched for decades in a small upstairs closet at his parent's home in Ohio.

Many of you know I purchased this book in last year's HA Signature Auction in August. I thought it appropriate to show the 50 year stamp on it (for Ed). This book represents many years of blood, sweat, and tears (and upgrading) for me. It's special. (thumbs u

that is an Amazing Story! thank you for sharing :)

Amazing story, stuff like that is why I love this hobby so much. Personally, it's why I've always loved low grade books...there's history in each and every crease, rub and fold of a LG book. You gotta love that bit of history in each and every book. Congrats on owning such an iconic book with an even better history. Ed definitely took very good care of it.

Great story. And even greater that you're allowing a wider audience to know that story. I'm assuming you have a general appreciation for history...which is something some don't even take the time to learn or reflect on.

Rest in peace, Ed.

Love the history peewee and love that full date stamp as well :cloud9: happy 50th web slinger!

Thanks for sharing that. Stories like yours are why I started this thread. This thread has morphed over time a little, which is fine, since it's the board's thread, but I love stories like this one, that take collecting back to its roots.

Sadly, mine came back restored (married page). :( If anyone is looking to downgrade to raise some cash, let me know! I want a complete unrestored if possible.

cf3a2ef9.jpg

:foryou:

Best wishes on your hunt for a blue label replacement. :wishluck:

:think: But to be in the club is better than not. :headbang::whee::headbang:

Like everyone else has said, great story and thanks for sharing PeeWee! :applause: How did you find out the story behind your AF 15? It makes your copy even more special!

It was in the HA write up of the "Ed Sarley" collection last August. I had a local print shop develop me a customized doc to accompany the AF15 (forever). My idea, with the original words and scan (on sturdy thick paper with a yellow border). Here it is and a close up of the words:

126949.jpg.4b8c0763927836943ff706919fb02ac5.jpg

126950.jpg.af4cdf94c94b8d8d26fbaf0c8099ffdc.jpg