• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

lowest recent 8.0 sale was in the mid 60's, so that is why I started there...

real world, 75 might be bottom, but my list is just a realistic range...the "medium" if you will...doesn't account for extremes at both ends (thumbs u

I like your choice of words...extreme bottom ends...and extreme upper end. We love u Rick! (worship)

Does a book have a history, ie, any authenticity paperwork accompany it?

Many books have a history tale although not pedigree.

Collectors love a story with an expensive book. That helps market it and maintain it's value IMO. (thumbs u

A history of a book...pedigree or not makes it special. I guess, the higher the grade, since it's rarer...makes it even more special. :)

I would love to find out the information about my copies. I understand why some would call the 6.0 copy I picked up in the Heritage auction as not too strong. I was pleased with it though as it satisfied my main requirements in what I was looking for which was no chipping, writing, date stamps and it needed to have OW or better pages. The book was supposedly part of the Empire State Comics Collection and I was interested in finding out about that collection so I could know where the book came from. I could not find anything about it online.

I know who I bought my under copies off of and should eventually ask those sellers where they picked them up from before they forget.

I can understand the high resolution scans at Heritage, folks can scrutinize all the flaws. Your copy presents just fine and you were happy without the flaws you mentioned. Regarding the Empire Collection, it was part of Jim Furfferi a dealer and shop owner in Rochester NY. I receive on of the Empire Comics Collection catalog. You can request one of this catalog since you spent a handsome amount on the AF15 6.0. (thumbs u

That is xlnt information Mr. showcase22gr1959. THX for posting! :headbang:

lowest recent 8.0 sale was in the mid 60's, so that is why I started there...

real world, 75 might be bottom, but my list is just a realistic range...the "medium" if you will...doesn't account for extremes at both ends (thumbs u

I like your choice of words...extreme bottom ends...and extreme upper end. We love u Rick! (worship)

Does a book have a history, ie, any authenticity paperwork accompany it?

Many books have a history tale although not pedigree.

Collectors love a story with an expensive book. That helps market it and maintain it's value IMO. (thumbs u

A history of a book...pedigree or not makes it special. I guess, the higher the grade, since it's rarer...makes it even more special. :)

I would love to find out the information about my copies. I understand why some would call the 6.0 copy I picked up in the Heritage auction as not too strong. I was pleased with it though as it satisfied my main requirements in what I was looking for which was no chipping, writing, date stamps and it needed to have OW or better pages. The book was supposedly part of the Empire State Comics Collection and I was interested in finding out about that collection so I could know where the book came from. I could not find anything about it online.

I know who I bought my under copies off of and should eventually ask those sellers where they picked them up from before they forget.

I can understand the high resolution scans at Heritage, folks can scrutinize all the flaws. Your copy presents just fine and you were happy without the flaws you mentioned. Regarding the Empire Collection, it was part of Jim Furfferi a dealer and shop owner in Rochester NY. I receive on of the Empire Comics Collection catalog. You can request one of this catalog since you spent a handsome amount on the AF15 6.0. (thumbs u

That is xlnt information Mr. showcase22gr1959. THX for posting! :headbang:

Yes, thank you for that... I learned about some of the back history once I google'd Jim Furfferi. Ha - "handsome amount." I bid on the 6.0 at ComicLink in May... and just lost. I bid on the one from Sparklecity... and just lost, then again at Comiclink and then again at sparklecity. Each time my losing bid was greater than the winning bid from the preceding auction. I decided to bite the bullet in the Heritage auction and just win the damn book. I became tired of losing.

Who do I go to in order to request this catalog ? Do I contact Heritage or Empire Comics? What exactly am I asking for?

Hey everyone,

Earlier this year I decided to send off my first book to CGC and it was my AF15. I posted all about it in the "spare a grade section" but forgot to post here to show my ticket to the club.

Here is the book raw:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5493106&fpart=1

Page quality may not be the best, but I like it! (at least until I decide to upgrade!)

IMG_8015.jpg

Apparently the Hulk1 he has for sale is a scam so i assume this one is as well?

Any of the board detectives want to work on this one? :wishluck:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330788600784?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Jason, that is my old 5.5 copy, the one HA just sold this Spring. I don't think that guy bought it at a convention in 2008. It was in a Mylar in my house then.

Hey everyone,

Earlier this year I decided to send off my first book to CGC and it was my AF15. I posted all about it in the "spare a grade section" but forgot to post here to show my ticket to the club.

Here is the book raw:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5493106&fpart=1

Page quality may not be the best, but I like it! (at least until I decide to upgrade!)

IMG_8015.jpg

(thumbs u

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330788600784?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Jason, that is my old 5.5 copy, the one HA just sold this Spring. I don't think that guy bought it at a convention in 2008. It was in a Mylar in my house then.

Mylar?!? :sick:

:baiting:

Seriously though, pretty freaking sad that some POS can throw up 2 auctions and get them into 5 figures with a week left and they are completely bogus :mad:

Hey everyone,

Here is the book raw:

IMG_8015.jpg

Great book!! :applause:

I love that CGC put "Stan Lee" on the label instead of "name" too. That's really cool. Your Hulk #1 is incredible too. ;)

Hey everyone,

Here is the book raw:

IMG_8015.jpg

Great book!! :applause:

I love that CGC put "Stan Lee" on the label instead of "name" too. That's really cool. Your Hulk #1 is incredible too. ;)

Thanks. I have a few more silver age keys I need to post to join a few more clubs (X-Men, Daredevil and Avengers #4) but these are the two big ones. Now the questions is, which club is next? Avengers #1, Iron Man or Thor?

I like this line:

"It's a relisting 'cause the last bidder was making a joke with me. He was going to give me $20,000 for it bud after canceling the auction he didn't response of any mail."

It should read:

"Hey, eBay I blatantly violate your rules. I dare you to ban me as a seller."

I really don't care if people work around the system, but it takes some ignorance or nerve to post it in your auction text.

DG

I like this line:

"It's a relisting 'cause the last bidder was making a joke with me. He was going to give me $20,000 for it bud after canceling the auction he didn't response of any mail."

It should read:

I really don't care if people work around the system, but it takes some ignorance or nerve to post it in your auction text.

DG

I don't think nerve is something this guy lacks! :D

I like this line:

It should read:

DG

I don't think nerve is something this guy lacks! :D

I applaud the openness of his audacity. I wish I had the gumption to do that publicly and say I am sticking it to eBay in an eBay ad.

A guy I know was crazy enough to let me hold his raw copy in my hands today. Had to have been a 6.5/7.0 if not for a spine split in the middle.

It was such a weird feeling...it felt like I was in a dream...it didn't seem real...

It'll go down as one of the happiest moments in my life. :cloud9::cloud9: