• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

November C-Link auction, books gorgeous for the grade

AF15 CGC 7.0

Predictions on how high it will close?

That book will probably generate 500$ just in grader notes lmao. Depending on the defects, anywhere from 45k-55k is my guess.

Tough one to call. If the auction were closing now, I would say $45K would be the ceiling. The market for this book is volatile, though, so it might well go higher in November.

amazingspider-man15a_zpsb34a0bb7.jpeg

amazingspider-man15b_zps537041fc.jpeg

amazingfantasy15c_zps02475217.jpeg

JUST got this in the mail today and am on :cloud9: Been out of the game for 4 years and always kicked myself for selling my first AF 15, thinking I would never own it again (much less even start collecting again!) due to skyrocketed prices. But with this major pick up I'm happy to be back for good! Can't wait to build my collection anew :headbang:

Thanks to Lee from Lee's Comics in Cali for hooking me up. Pleasure to deal with and is 100% professional. Would definitely buy from them again!

I think the best "Stan Lee" sigs are on the splash page, not on the cover.

Can a SS CGC comic be signed on the splash page or does the sig need to show on the front cover?

Not 100% sure, but I believe as long as an authorized CGC employee witnesses the signing then it shouldn't matter what page it was signed on. I don't actively search for sigs but the splash page seems like the best place to have one (since it doesn't "disrupt" the cover) Anyway having stan's signature was a nice added bonus!

amazingspider-man15a_zpsb34a0bb7.jpeg

amazingspider-man15b_zps537041fc.jpeg

amazingfantasy15c_zps02475217.jpeg

JUST got this in the mail today and am on :cloud9: Been out of the game for 4 years and always kicked myself for selling my first AF 15, thinking I would never own it again (much less even start collecting again!) due to skyrocketed prices. But with this major pick up I'm happy to be back for good! Can't wait to build my collection anew :headbang:

Thanks to Lee from Lee's Comics in Cali for hooking me up. Pleasure to deal with and is 100% professional. Would definitely buy from them again!

:hail: Nice! Did you pick this one up via eBay? Looks kinda familiar. Whatever the case, CONGRATS!

It seems like "in the old days" the splash page was where all the creators would sign the comics. It's like even they didn't want to screw up the front covers. They would also sign them modestly in the margins with ball point pen. Now, it's big signatures with thick sharpie pens.

AF15.jpg

Hi all,

it's been a while since i last posted so i am playing catch up. Good fun too.

I still have my copy and it regularly comes out for a read. My pic from page 91 has disappeared so i am reposting here.

I have thought about getting it graded & slabbed by CGC but being in the UK i am very wary of shipment handling. Does this frighten other people off too?

AF15.jpg

Hi all,

it's been a while since i last posted so i am playing catch up. Good fun too.

I still have my copy and it regularly comes out for a read. My pic from page 91 has disappeared so i am reposting here.

I have thought about getting it graded & slabbed by CGC but being in the UK i am very wary of shipment handling. Does this frighten other people off too?

I give you a 3.0 no charge and a (worship)