• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

i got this copy about 3 years ago right before it latest surge in value. bought it on ebay from a UK seller and used ebay escrow for payment. solid book with nice pages. spine wear and soiling on BC are its only real defects!

AF15FC1.jpg

my records show i bought it in march of 2005.the escrow service i mentioned above was very nice although i had to eat all the fees of course and pay the "buy it now" price of $4226(not sure what is was in pounds) to get him to do it. After the shipping and escrow fees i have a grand total of $4531 invested in this book. I am very happy with this deal right now.

Nice book! :cloud9:

thanx guys. i haven't hardly looked at it in the last 4 years. i knew if i sold it though a day would come when i would regret it. i'll never own another copy this nice i'm sure as the price is just soaring on this book. Some day i may have to sell it but until then i think i can resist cashing out.

It was only a matter of time before someone was going to do this, once prices exploded. Seller is a boardie. It will be interesting to see how they do.

amazingfantasy4thpage.jpg

Link to one auction

Link to other auction

Didn't someone -- perhaps the same person -- sell a couple of pages on the boards a few weeks ago? Or did I see these pages on eBay earlier? hm

jgallo had some for sale here on the Boards, but if I'm not mistaken, none sold.

He did sell one of them--the 5th page slab--on eBay recently for 315.00 :whatthe: (BIN was 499.99). Don't know if it'll be any kind of a trend, but still a pretty incredible price.

I don't think it's right to tell people you are a serious comic book collector unless you can say you have one of these.

Not every serious comic book collector can afford one of these. :makepoint: Does not make you any less serious of a collector. I collected for 20 years before I owed one. I still loved the hobby during those 20 years and I was a pretty serious collector during that time. 2c

I don't think it's right to tell people you are a serious comic book collector unless you can say you have one of these.

Not every serious comic book collector can afford one of these. :makepoint: Does not make you any less serious of a collector. I collected for 20 years before I owed one. I still loved the hobby during those 20 years and I was a pretty serious collector during that time. 2c

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

This will be my third time.

Feeling charmed

Don't expect to be moving this one on for a very long time. :banana:

I never didn't feel like a serious collector, even when I didn't have one.

They just keep going up....it's kinda painful

Mysterio, you posted a couple weeks back about an interest in the Library of Congress AF files. Check out page 46 of this thread for some links I posted then (years old, but still active links. I checked.) And further down the page, another pic of AF 15 original art contributed by another boardie.

Mysterio, you posted a couple weeks back about an interest in the Library of Congress AF files. Check out page 46 of this thread for some links I posted then (years old, but still active links. I checked.) And further down the page, another pic of AF 15 original art contributed by another boardie.

Other than going to the first page and paging forward a few pages at a time, is there an easier way to get to page 46 on a thread that is 650 pages long?(under default posts per page settings)

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Other than going to the first page and paging forward a few pages at a time, is there an easier way to get to page 46 on a thread that is 650 pages long?(under default posts per page settings)

The fastest way is to go to Topic Options, and choose threaded mode. That will list many more on the same page. It's not easy but it is much faster to do it that way.

The fastest way is to go to Topic Options, and choose threaded mode. That will list many more on the same page. It's not easy but it is much faster to do it that way.

Just go into the URL "readout" on your browser and replace the current page with the one you want and hit enter. i.e, replace 434 with 46 in the example below.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newreply&Board=16&Number=6143073&what=showflat&fpart=434&q=1

Yeah Frankie...you owe it to me! :sumo:lol

Yeah Frankie...you owe it to me! :sumo:lol

lol That was owned. Damn typos. hahaha. You would not like the grade. :grin: Way too low grade for you. :devil:

Just go into the URL "readout" on your browser and replace the current page with the one you want and hit enter. i.e, replace 434 with 46 in the example below.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newreply&Board=16&Number=6143073&what=showflat&fpart=434&q=1

Excellent solution, and very simple. Thanks,

Here are the two main posts about that Library of Congress subject.

Here’s what happened last month at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. Since I was in town, as a first-time tourist, I checked out the Periodicals Reading Room which has lots of old issues of comic books. After quite a rigamarole to register as a user and about an hour of paperwork, I found myself with a half-dozen copies of some old EC comics from the 1950’s that I’m sure I’ll never see again. Always wanted to do that. But also, I found out that the Library had just received a donation of the original artwork for Amazing Fantasy 15!

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/0805/spiderman.html

http://www.loc.gov/blog/?p=290

Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough time left in the day for another paperwork drill which would have enabled me to view the actual artwork. I did, however, get to see the large, high-resolution digital scans of it all, and those scans are not available on the Internet, only from within the Library itself.

The most interesting was the first (splash) page. The banner (“Spiderman”) had been completely whited out and re-drawn; of course, there’s no way of knowing what the original layout was. Also, the profile face of the girl on Page 1 was also whited out and re-drawn. That’s the only place I could see where Steve Ditko’s art was redone. There were about a dozen places throughout the story where dialogue within the balloons was changed.

Anyway, it was an interesting view. If you ever get to Washington, go to the “Prints and Photographs and Reading Room” in the Madison building and apply to see the original art. Actual originals of the Gutenberg bible, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Magna Carta, and Amazing Fantasy 15 – yeah, that about covers it.

The most interesting was the first (splash) page. The banner (“Spiderman”) had been completely whited out and re-drawn; of course, there’s no way of knowing what the original layout was.

In this photo you can see that there were originally webs drawn around the Spider-Man figure on the top banner, and we also get a peek at what the original logo looks like under the paste up:

amazing-fantasy-15-page-1.jpg