• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Yup, it is obvious just looking at the area around the staples on the front cover scan provided, and the interior scan of front cover removes any doubt (with the bleed through that is visible)... I like how the seller points out "this book has not been restored by a professional" but fails to mention that it has amateur resto...

Yup, it is obvious just looking at the area around the staples on the front cover scan provided, and the interior scan of front cover removes any doubt (with the bleed through that is visible)... I like how the seller points out "this book has not been restored by a professional" but fails to mention that it has amateur resto...
deception...what a shame...

In...barely...Purple 1.0. But at least it has an interesting provenance. As far as restoration, any opinions on Susan vs. Matt? I hear great things about both. AF15small.jpg

Looks like Harlan gave that one a good read multiple times. :D

In...barely...Purple 1.0. But at least it has an interesting provenance. As far as restoration, any opinions on Susan vs. Matt? I hear great things about both. AF15small.jpg

And fought over it with his brother at least once... lol

Looks like he rolled it up and beat people, swatted flies, used it as a coaster...

He forgot to mention the red ink bottle that someone spilled on the spine of the book.

I have been out of the Amazing Fantasy #15 Club for almost 3 years.

Ever since, I have watched the AF #15 market - often times envious.

The prices continued to climb higher and higher to the point in which the book began to pull out of the stratosphere of my collecting budget. So I decided that when/if a copy were to be made available within my price-range, I was going to make a move for it.

Offered for auction was a CGC-certfied, Slight (A) restored copy with brittle pages and a missing centerfold. It graded out a .5 due to those factors.

But even with a faded cover, it presents much nicer than a .5 copy.

MyAF15_1_zps816d41e4.jpg

Finally...I'm back in the club. :cloud9: