• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Yeah,

I sold a raw 2.0 + or - last year for 1900- and really wish I would have

kept that one. Now 2.0's are going for near twice that.

Scott

I think 1.5's are going for near twice that now or more. I have a WTB out for a low grade with a $3k bounty and have had 0 offers. Does anyone think these will ever come down in price?

A 4.0 selling for 9K is astonishing.

It's amazing to see the value of this book continue to climb up and up.

Tell me about it!

I was the underbidder on bruno's brothers 4.0 less than 2 years ago at just over 5k :facepalm:

Yeah,

I sold a raw 2.0 + or - last year for 1900- and really wish I would have

kept that one. Now 2.0's are going for near twice that.

Scott

I think 1.5's are going for near twice that now or more. I have a WTB out for a low grade with a $3k bounty and have had 0 offers. Does anyone think these will ever come down in price?

With the book being so hot as of late and with another movie on its way, it's hard for me to imagine this book slowing down too much. Especially if the book is slabbed, expect prices to be out of this world. There's just so much demand and so much competition.

I should have kept that one...

I am glad that I secured this copy as it's nice enough to keep me happy.

It really looks more like a 6.0, but has issues with the lower staple and slight

tearing on the lower staple that goes onto the back. From 16 inches away it's a stunner,

so I'm happy if this is all I get for my collection. I'm grateful to cloud 9 comics and that Ken would deal with me. Otherwise I would have sold 1/2 of my keys and bought a more expensive 5.0 from Metropolis that didn't have as good of eye appeal and cost 3,000- more...just for a 1.0 label bump!

I did have a 7.0 PLOD before this (Sold it to generate $$$ for this book) and it looked really nice, but that Purple label next to the other slabs and all the talk about PLOD (Here and everywhere) just made me want to move it out and upgrade. It may be more of psychological thing!

The restored copies do better out of the slabs from what I've seen, Those Purple labels are like the stigma of death to comic collecting. I'm not sure if it's fair, but ask 9 out of 10 dealers and they will give you the same feedback on the Purple books.

Scott Boothby

scott.boothby@washougalsd.org

No offense to any restored members as this is simply my opinion and my 7.0 made me very happy for a long time. They are still sweet and if I had to choose between no Af15 or a Purple label...I'd go purple anyday of the week...The slight color touch only Purple labels are steal on e-bay too and basically 90%+ original ;-)

I just see this book continuing to climb regardless...

Unless the movie totally sucks, which it won't.

The only that could do any damage would be the mythical case of 9.0+ AF15's

that gets discovered in somebodies basement and that sends people into a SELLING

PANIC...won't happen though and wouldn't hurt is Mid-Grade or lower grade owners.

If I owned a 9.0 unrestored it wouldn;t be a good day for me though ;-)

I had the debate with my wife a few months ago about grabbing a copy of this book. Prices were rising and I was looking in that 1.0-2.0 range for a copy. I told her if I didn't get in and grab a copy it would get to the point in a year or two that I wouldn't be able afford one. Little did I know in a few months time that would come true. I'm glad I got in when I did...I can't believe how much 1.0-4.0's are going for right now.

Yeah,

I gave away too much info for a true grade contest.

I should have just posted up pics and let you guys guess, I think it would have got

5.0-6.0 from people...

But here is the reveal...

SICKLY UNDER-GRADED!

There's got to be something that's not obvious here. That is simply too nice of a cover front & back for a 4.0.

Pay for those graders notes and tell us what's going on. Was the cover attached at the bottom staple? CF attached at both staples? You must have missed something on the inside. Looks like a 5.0 to me.

After I sold my 3.5 restored copy back in 2010, there were many times when I kept an eye on the market in the hopes of getting back in the club.

I soon realized that this would be almost impossible. The values of many low grade copies seem to have doubled, unrestored slabs became completely out of the question, this book's hype just never seemed to die down.

I finally won a CGC .5 restored copy at ComicConnect auction, it presents better than any .5 I have ever seen with incredible centering and absolutely no Marvel chipping. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth it.

I've been saying every year that "now is the time to pick one up if you ever wish to be able to" and that's true to a degree - the longer you wait, the more you'll end up paying out.

that gets discovered in somebodies basement

Didn't GAtor mention he knows someone with a huge stash of AF15?

that gets discovered in somebodies basement

Didn't GAtor mention he knows someone with a huge stash of AF15?

I bet he does. I've seen him buy a couple already in the short time I've been a member. Snagged a really nice 3.0 I was about to jump on too. Should have pulled the trigger instead of PM. Is he or someone like him singlehandedly hoarding and inflating the price of AF15's? conspiracy hm

I KNOW there's more ungraded out there. My aunt recently inherited some comics and sent me some photos. Nice looking copies of Hulk #1, ASM#1, AF#15 asking if they were worth anything. :o ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!?! lol just spoke with my uncle who informs me he's having them insured and looking into the process of having them graded with CGC. whew! I'm sending them some Silver Age EGerber mylites4/backboards in the meantime. The cell phone pics make it pretty hard to tell condition but the AF15 looks at least 7.5 but could be better. I'm sending them links to the boards and for them to take better pics and post to the "can you spare a grade" section.

Anyway, by tomorrow I should be joining the club when my lowly 3.0 CR/OW arrives. :whee:

I'm still paying off my 8.0. No regrets as I can always pay down on a loan but it's almost impossible to find a HG copy that isn't price into the strato.. :cloud9:

Buy now and pay off later. lol

True!

Unless you used a loanshark on the street corner, there is no way a loan could have more interest than this book is appreciating. There really seems to be no ceiling for this book! I stopped being amazed long ago at the astronomical prices even copies that look like someone wiped their with them have gotten :ohnoez:

I believe graded 5's are very nice presentable books. There are a few on ebay. For someone looking for a nice copy, make an offer to the owners and see what happens. (thumbs u

What are 5's running now? Like 13-15k?

Yeah,

I gave away too much info for a true grade contest.

I should have just posted up pics and let you guys guess, I think it would have got

5.0-6.0 from people...

But here is the reveal...

SICKLY UNDER-GRADED!

There's got to be something that's not obvious here. That is simply too nice of a cover front & back for a 4.0.

Pay for those graders notes and tell us what's going on. Was the cover attached at the bottom staple? CF attached at both staples? You must have missed something on the inside. Looks like a 5.0 to me.

Just from what I can see:

Back cover stains and foxing, tears at staples, possible back cover tear (lower spine), some front cover creasing, some back cover creasing, rounded/worn top spine, wear at the spine (vertical reading creases).

I thought about buying the book from Ken and took a look at it.

I wouldn't have put it at 5.0 but it is a nice 4.0.