• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

If that piece missing really bugs you...

I had a lower grade Avengers 4 (Before I upgraded)

and borrowed my buddies, went to kinkos and took a photo-copy of his.

place the copy inside (lined up) the front page.

Sounds stupid maybe, but it didn't damage the book, kept it unrestored+

it looked 10X better on my shelf inside the mylar.

Enjoy,

Scott

There are folks that sell nice repro covers that you could wrap around that book in the mylar, so if you wanted something better than a good color photocopy (which can work really well, by the way) you might check those out.

If that piece missing really bugs you...

I had a lower grade Avengers 4 (Before I upgraded)

and borrowed my buddies, went to kinkos and took a photo-copy of his.

place the copy inside (lined up) the front page.

Sounds stupid maybe, but it didn't damage the book, kept it unrestored+

it looked 10X better on my shelf inside the mylar.

Enjoy,

Scott

Nice tip. Thanks!

There are folks that sell nice repro covers that you could wrap around that book in the mylar, so if you wanted something better than a good color photocopy (which can work really well, by the way) you might check those out.

Could you P.M. some of those folks?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Fellow board member "Fedoraman" makes the best reproduction covers I've seen, I've purchased about ten from his at this point, and they all look great. Most of the bigger keys he prints also has the interior ads printed inside.

Thanks!

Fellow board member "Fedoraman" makes the best reproduction covers I've seen, I've purchased about ten from his at this point, and they all look great. Most of the bigger keys he prints also has the interior ads printed inside.

That was who I was thinking of but couldn't come up with his board name. Thanks!

Just joined the AF15 club! :cloud9:

AF15_zpsbbde20f6.jpg

I'd like to nickname this copy the "caboose"

AF15 is without a doubt a freight train and this copy will be unchallenged for the final slot on this run away train.

Unless you count the NG copies. hm

Just joined the AF15 club! :cloud9:

AF15_zpsbbde20f6.jpg

I'd like to nickname this copy the "caboose"

AF15 is without a doubt a freight train and this copy will be unchallenged for the final slot on this run away train.

Unless you count the NG copies. hm

The CGC census doesn't list NG copies, but to my surprise there are quite a few .5 PLODS (40+)

Hello All! I am new to the forum! I have collected off and on throughout childhood, and am primarily a coin collector....but I wanted to buy an "affordable" example of the key comic book and sportscard that I always wanted since childhood, since I am going through a bit of a nostalgic phase. After doing some research on current auction values, I settled on this example. Well creased and worn spine, but with no chipping, restoration, major tears or missing chunks. I am very pleased to have this holy grail in with my other collectables regardless of whether it goes up or down in value. I hope to pass it down to my children someday. The rest of my collection is nothing compared to this, and I dont know if I will get back into seriously collecting someday...but you never know...owning this is quite the treat. :grin:

Ebay BIN, $4739 out of pocket shipped.

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Hello All! I am new to the forum! I have collected off and on throughout childhood, and am primarily a coin collector....but I wanted to buy an "affordable" example of the key comic book and sportscard that I always wanted since childhood, since I am going through a bit of a nostalgic phase. After doing some research on current auction values, I settled on this example. Well creased and worn spine, but with no chipping, restoration, major tears or missing chunks. I am very pleased to have this holy grail in with my other collectables regardless of whether it goes up or down in value. I hope to pass it down to my children someday. The rest of my collection is nothing compared to this, and I dont know if I will get back into seriously collecting someday...but you never know...owning this is quite the treat. :grin:

Ebay BIN, $4739 out of pocket shipped.

IMG_1199.jpg

Awesome first post! :applause: