• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I personally know of guys that never handed in labels and submitted hundreds (if not thousands) of high end books. So if we were to isolate the market of books which trade at over $2,500 let's say, we're talking about a potentially meaningful subset which are resubs adding to the census.

This is not unfounded/unsubstantiated - the only part we're truly speculating as to is the volume

Joey

Joking about the unsubstantiated part. :insane:

Your point makes sense and it complicates collecting high end well circulated books (AF15 I am looking at you).

However, as others have stated before, I don't understand the choice not to hand in a label. It just makes obtaining maximum value more difficult.

When you resubmit a book, why not just mail in the label? Are folks concerned that the CGC will not act in a ethical manner (in accordance with their process) and take the previous grade into account?

My thinking has always been that I didn't want CGC graders to be influenced by any outside source, like a previous label. I want them to grade my comic like they're seeing it for the first time.

Maybe after the slabbed comic comes back to me I would be willing to send the label in.

I understand the position.

Their process is to remove all packing and then handoff a raw book for the graders to do their work. It should come down to whether or not you trust an organization to follow their processes. Realistically, I am sure they appropriately follow their process 99.9%.

What they need is a prepaid envelope that they will send out to anyone who is willing to send in their old labels for free. Simple online process: enter your address and they will send you a prepaid envelope no questions asked. This would enable the census to become more accurate while addressing the "big concerns."

My question is to resubs that are not turning in labels....why not ?

Didn't they used to give you credit ($3 maybe?) if you sent in the label with a resub? I seem to remember that ... although my wife likes to tell me that some of the stuff I remember never actually happened. :D

lol scam. I always wonder why people with 0 feedback attempt to sell an AF15. I remember the scammers went through a Batman 1 phase as well. Suddenly all these batman 1s came out with zero feedbacks every week. Now it might be the same people trying to do an AF15 but people are not that stupid. Honestly who buys an expensive comic book online from an unknown person?

lol scam. I always wonder why people with 0 feedback attempt to sell an AF15. I remember the scammers went through a Batman 1 phase as well. Suddenly all these batman 1s came out with zero feedbacks every week. Now it might be the same people trying to do an AF15 but people are not that stupid. Honestly who buys an expensive comic book online from an unknown person?

:screwy:

well, as we know ebay does nothing about it, so what's to scare the scammer away? so freakin frustrating.

It appears even with the full force of the boards (see CG Amazing Fraud 15 thread) we are only able to get a scammer to pull down and immediately re-post...

Does anyone know someone who works at eBay?

Any thoughts on the AF 15 listed on ebay by superkop. item 231022142931. It's a one day sale and was listed last night and pulled, then relisted today. It has a very lengthy description. Stuffed into the description under the topic of jolly j jonah jameson it says the auction is for a reprint. I emailed the seller and he says it is an original copy. the bidding is uo to 1025.00. I've been buying on ebay for 13 years and I smell a rat hm

eBay won't do much. For alot of new collectors I always tell them to stay away from eBay and go to the auction houses. eBay is fine I always find great stuff for my collection. You just have to be careful because there's too many thieves. If you feel in anyway like its too good to be true...It usually is. Alot of people might get fooled thinking "wow what a great deal"...

I guess I am in the minority because unless you send the seller a check or money order it is impossible to get ripped off from eBay. (shrug)

You have to pay via PayPal so just use your credit card to buy all your items, and file a chargeback if you do not get the item(s).

I won't hesitate from buying even from Nigeria on eBay.