• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Just saying that there's hundreds of horror stories here on the boards about eBay. They will find a way to rip you off one way or another lol.

I have done thousands of transactions since 1998 on eBay so I have seen all the scams.

To date I have never lost a dollar. (shrug)

Sure, as long as you pay via PayPal you are protected from fraud.

I think people worry more about others than themselves in these situations.

My tenure in the club is quite limited at this point. :(

Bummer, hope you are selling it to buy something good!

( :gossip: Showcase 4 would be an excellent purchase decision!)

It's going to a good home, so that makes it a bit less painful. And the loot's going to some OA ... I've got my eye on something very cool that'd look great on my wall.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6893945

Kind of OT here, but certainly pertinent to this thread. I was just watching Pawn Stars, episode "Chum-parazzi" and in the first sale/segment, behind the counter in the display shelf when the camera was facing the lady seller, I just saw a copy of AF 15 and right next to it a ASM #1.. Not sure though if it's the real deal, but to me, it looks like a reprint.. Anyone else caught it?

Kind of OT here, but certainly pertinent to this thread. I was just watching Pawn Stars, episode "Chum-parazzi" and in the first sale/segment, behind the counter in the display shelf when the camera was facing the lady seller, I just saw a copy of AF 15 and right next to it a ASM #1.. Not sure though if it's the real deal, but to me, it looks like a reprint.. Anyone else caught it?

Yep, you can see them in a number of episodes.

Over/under guess on how much they are selling them above FMV?

My guess is FMV+25%.

IMG_20130807_214002.jpg

New member here. My first post I guess might as well be of my best comic. Its in NG condition though :( Bought this 5 years ago for just 700 on ebay. It displays great and is not brittle at all. Only thing is it contains ONLY the spiderman story. The bell-ringer, mummycase man and the other story have been removed so this is missing pages. But who cares, I got the spidey story at least ;) Great read too.

I might get it authenticated (CGC'd) at new york comic con...good idea?

IMG_20130807_214002.jpg

New member here. My first post I guess might as well be of my best comic. Its in NG condition though :( Bought this 5 years ago for just 700 on ebay. It displays great and is not brittle at all. Only thing is it contains ONLY the spiderman story. The bell-ringer, mummycase man and the other story have been removed so this is missing pages. But who cares, I got the spidey story at least ;) Great read too.

I might get it authenticated (CGC'd) at new york comic con...good idea?

Only if you never want to be able to read it again. "Entombing" in this instance will not likely increase it's value.

Found this one in a comic shop somewhere around '93. The guy was ready to sell it to me for $300 or so, but I was short. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife of 19 years) footed half the bill. She's a sweetheart.

Rough copy, but dear to me.

AF15002.jpg

Found this one in a comic shop somewhere around '93. The guy was ready to sell it to me for $300 or so, but I was short. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife of 19 years) footed half the bill. She's a sweetheart.

Rough copy, but dear to me.

AF15002.jpg

Nothing better than a well loved comic...obviously you knew she was a keeper! :headbang:

AF15 continues to hover ABOVE the stratosphere. Here's a 1.0 with 2 days to go at $3350. Not the prettiest book but it's got a blue top. Linky:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181194112257?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That 1.0 on eBay has off-white pages and a date stamp in it's favor, two things I'd pay a slight premium for in a 1.0-1.5 copy.

Just saying that there's hundreds of horror stories here on the boards about eBay. They will find a way to rip you off one way or another lol.

I have done thousands of transactions since 1998 on eBay so I have seen all the scams.

To date I have never lost a dollar. (shrug)

Ditto. Please, if any of you know any Nigerian Princes with AF 15's, as long as they accept Paypal, I'll chance it.

Most I've had at one time this year is 17 copies. I've bought 7 more for a total of 24 purchased but sold 16 copies so down to 8 available at the moment

I buy them because they are easy to sell (thumbs u