• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Re-posting my copy...

7BA3A59C-0CE7-40BC-AF70-4DF54C6D39B3-423-00000024474CC94F_zps4b9a51c0.jpg

D76A682F-1758-42D6-B82B-0C547C5E42B9-423-00000024D1BCF770_zpsa2cdc7c1.jpg

that has to be the nicest, gdamn beautiful looking 3.5 i have ever seen. it really looks just as nice as the 4.0 i have. is the back cover torn or something?

thanks! It's too nice for the grade. It does have one distributor ink spray spot at the top and bottom on the back cover that bled over to the BC a little. Outside of that, looks nice for the "3.5" it was given :)

05936B32-889C-4034-B7FA-94FC468ADE78-343-0000001BCAE87951_zps8d0f69b2.jpg

You raised some great points!

I am also thinking of having some of my early new X-Men books signed by Chris Claremont to help boost my overall sales - especially if I can grab a few signatures on my X-Men #94 - it would make history as being the "1st" CGC SS 9.8 copy in existence!

We shall see!

-The Professor

Worst idea....EVER. Your going to crack a 9.8 :screwy: Have people sign it....bleckkkkkkk. Resubmit it hoping it holds 9.8 grade. :sorry: Then hope that someone who has the money likes SS comics. Good luck with that. Don't do it.

i have to agree with this. dont crack a 9.8 early x-men. especially on that 94. chances are good that after all signatures are done, you looking at some grade drops.

+3

Also I think you are limiting your buyer pool in what is already some rarefied air.

I'll probably get some flak for this one, but I'm okay with this, as we don't plan on selling this anytime in the near future.

My dad purchased this AF15 over 25 years ago off the owner of a comic shop - who had bought the book in a stack for $75. My dad saved up his extra cash from odd jobs and purchased it for quite a bit more, and put it away.

We headed out to our first con this past August, and he found this AF 15 buried away in his long boxes. After a day of looking at AF15's on the show floor, he pulled this out of his luggage in the hotel and I flipped out.

So yes, we got it signed by Stan Lee and slabbed. And I'm sure many would say not to do it, but I'm happy with the outcome. Now it's just time to do some restoration removal (tear seal on the back cover - that's it. No color touches or anything) and pressing. We plan on sending it back to CGC/CCS next month.

cOUNK4w.jpg

Nice buy ComicsNYC...can't beat a AF15 in any grade. This is your second copy right?

I bought a copy from Roulette about 2 years ago that was nice, but had bad eye appeal. I see it for sale pretty much every 6 months here on the boards- haha. This one was the one I should've waited on from the start!

Nice buy ComicsNYC...can't beat a AF15 in any grade. This is your second copy right?

I bought a copy from Roulette about 2 years ago that was nice, but had bad eye appeal. I see it for sale pretty much every 6 months here on the boards- haha. This one was the one I should've waited on from the start!

Is that one you so lovingly refer to as "Tapey?" lol

You never forget your first!!!! Hope the others are enjoying the sloppy seconds, thirds and fourths!

Awesome sig line, BTW. Making me drooooool.

You never forget your first!!!! Hope the others are enjoying the sloppy seconds, thirds and fourths!

Awesome sig line, BTW. Making me drooooool.

Thanks...I like your sig line too, we have the same great taste in comics. lol