• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Add me to me to the club! I have CGC 7.5 SS Stan Lee Off White pages and no Marvel chipping.

I have had this book for over 20 years and decided to have Stan sign it. I know some disagree with having the book signed but it's something I wanted to do. I will post a picture when I figure out how to!!

How much would a raw 0.5-2.0 (complete) AF15 be costing me?

(No not TreeFiddy lol)

GPA in 2013= $3000 to $5800 for graded copies.

Just to clarify, the $5800 for the 2.0 was the last and highest recorded sale in 2013.

The $3000 was the only recorded sale for a 0.5 in 2013.

A raw copy could be priced differently based on any defects and page quality.

Just trying to give you a range to work in. Hope this helps.

Anybody see (like I have to ask) the AF15 CGC SS 5.0 for sale at $20K on the boards?

Last I checked, a 5.0 was selling for $12.5-$15K in 2013. A 5.5 SS even sold for $14K in Feb of 2013.

Any buyers out there for $20K?

Highly unlikely but the seller can ask anything they want (thumbs u

Anybody see (like I have to ask) the AF15 CGC SS 5.0 for sale at $20K on the boards?

Last I checked, a 5.0 was selling for $12.5-$15K in 2013. A 5.5 SS even sold for $14K in Feb of 2013.

I know :shrug:

It just frustrates me when someone prices something 33% higher than the highest GPA record citing "data they've seen." Clearly this isn't an entirely true statement.

Particularly when they haven't posted since 2012 (only 4 posts in 2012) and largely not since 2004. It may not be, but it "feels" fishy...

It's a nice looking 5.0, but yeah .....

It just frustrates me when someone prices something 33% higher than the highest GPA record citing "data they've seen." Clearly this isn't an entirely true statement.

Particularly when they haven't posted since 2012 (only 4 posts in 2012) and largely not since 2004. It may not be, but it "feels" fishy...

I would guess he's throwing it out there to see what offers he gets. Certainly seen that strategy before. (shrug)

I know, very unrealistic. A waste of people's time.

As if Stan's sig adds another $5000 lol

I would guess he's throwing it out there to see what offers he gets. Certainly seen that strategy before. (shrug)

Fair enough on the tactic, still don't like the other details.

I can see a really nice 5.0 selling for 15K....no problem there...the stan sig adds about $250 value imo (that's all it costs to have signed, right?)....

Out of curiosity though, that would be a 1.67% increase in value based off the $15,000 assessment. I cannot help but wonder if it would add a bit more to that. It comes down to the debate regarding even having the major keys signed.

My own theory is that signed keys operate on a bell curve. They would be rarer but undesirable on the higher grades, plentiful in the lower grades but more desirable in the mid grades.

You have sold more CGC AF15 copies than anyone else I have known. Have you ever sold, purchased or been offered signed copies before? What have been the overall trends.

Me? I would never get the book signed but that is my personal preference. I have a few Stan signatures and a couple on Silver Books but on nothing that I could not easily find an unsigned copy if I wanted it.

I can see a really nice 5.0 selling for 15K....no problem there...the stan sig adds about $250 value imo (that's all it costs to have signed, right?)....
Stan signed my FF1 on the interior for $125 (included a photo with him)