• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Agreed that folks are free to post in any thread they choose.

I'm just not going to track and update a floating list.

Just know that it gets confusing where people don't know which thread to post their books in AND it creates duplicate lists.

I can't understand YOUR problem with a rebooted club thread when there is zero discussion or history lost. ???

Harvey,

Why don't you ask Arch if you can do a SA Keys Thread guide that gets stickied each year?

They can probably combine the old/new threads together, satisfying the history buffs.

Then for each key in your stickied SA Keys Threads, you can have something like:

AF15 club pics (link to where your post in the thread that you're editing)

AF15 thread (link to the thread in general)

Just a suggestion for ease of location, updating & as threads you aren't updating get recognized you can add a link to them & then just update whatever ones you want..

(shrug)

Other than that, I'm enjoying the discussion JC_coffee.gif

Harvey,

Why don't you ask Arch if you can do a SA Keys Thread guide that gets stickied each year?

They can probably combine the old/new threads together, satisfying the history buffs.

Then for each key in your stickied SA Keys Threads, you can have something like:

Just a suggestion for ease of location, updating & as threads you aren't updating get recognized you can add a link to them & then just update whatever ones you want..

(shrug)

I have no idea who you are anymore...

:foryou:

hm

Very good suggestions. :foryou:

I for one appreciate the hard work and time that Justin puts into maintaining the multiple clubs.

This reminds me of the parents of my son's hockey team this season. They have 3 wins and 17 losses and all the parents do is complain and think they can do a better job coaching but no one volunteers to do it.

Let's not kick a gift horse in the mouth lest we may lose him.

I just PM'ed Arch this idea. I don't know if it's possible, but it's a way to minimize the number of Club threads and consolidate the history of the previous threads into one.

Maybe we merge the last rebooted club with the original so it's one long continuous thread and I reboot it every year with a new thread.

Example:

(1) Original Amazing Fantasy #15 Club - 07/08/08

(2) Rebooted Amazing Fantasy #15 Club Version 1.0 - 01/16/14

Because the first post has expired in #2 and is no longer editable, I'll have to reboot it with a new Club:

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club [2015]

So, if we could merge #2 into and behind #1 so as long as I still link to #1, it's one long continuous thread. :wishluck:

That way every year, I'll reboot the newest club and put the year in the title and first post:

"HULK #1 CLUB [2015]" and the previous year was merged into the original. :banana:

Harvey,

(shrug)

I have no idea who you are anymore...

:foryou:

With all of the name changes that have transpired, I feel like the old man who's grown senile! lol

Still have my club membership though! Just thinking about how - were I to have previously sold my copy - I'd never be able to afford to replace it. I wonder how many years before this book becomes a $10k issue in .5 - 1.0 like Batman #1?

It's not all that confusing when the last post of a thread is a notice like below to PLEASE post in the new club thread. ;) After awhile, the old club thread is buried and archived and the new club thread is bumped up front. But some just don't care and like to cause confusion and like to be an :censored:

lol Sorry - I was referring to user name changes - not thread. . Relax a bit, okay. This is - our at least was - place to chill.

And no need to reply to me in this thread if you don't like it, but this was the thread I originally participated in when it kicked off years back.