• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

And keep in mind several were SA due to amatuer c/t which bleeds through

That's exactly what he said he's looking for--if it were pro color touch only someone likely would've removed it to make it universal.

agreed... a couple of the SP have also had the cover cleaned, so no way to make it universal, so they might be available

however, I think any that could be "reversed to blue" have already had that happen (or at least attempted)... only thing you will likely find in the market are ones that will stay plod (thumbs u

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-R-1-0-Restored-/260589197831?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cac539a07

on the topic of restored books, this restored 1.0 right and bottom edge trimmed has a current bid of 2k with 3 days left. In this case it looks like the winner is the seller!

Looks like no chips on the side. If it wasn't a trimmed, quite attractive front cover for a 1.0.

Quite attractive...too bad the right top corner crease is quite visible. :eyeroll:, obviously that hurt the book to a 5.5. I sense some of the inventory for AF15 is slowly dwindling, but who knows...more will come out as we speak.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-R-1-0-Restored-/260589197831?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cac539a07

on the topic of restored books, this restored 1.0 right and bottom edge trimmed has a current bid of 2k with 3 days left. In this case it looks like the winner is the seller!

Still, its a sharp looking 1.0.

The inks look better than mine, even though the spine has seen better days.

We already know my feelings on trimming so...

I offered gary 12K for it, he said 13,500 was his bottom line (this when it was listed at 15K)...

what I don't get, is if you sell for 13,500 on ebay, you are paying almost 10% in FVF and paypal fees... seems to me a check for 12K is equal to 13,500 on ebay... I just don't get how folks can't understand such a simple concept (shrug)

it is a win/win... the seller still "nets" the same money, and the buyer saves 10%...

but, it is what it is

I offered gary 12K for it, he said 13,500 was his bottom line (this when it was listed at 15K)...

what I don't get, is if you sell for 13,500 on ebay, you are paying almost 10% in FVF and paypal fees... seems to me a check for 12K is equal to 13,500 on ebay... I just don't get how folks can't understand such a simple concept (shrug)

it is a win/win... the seller still "nets" the same money, and the buyer saves 10%...

but, it is what it is

Maybe he's hoping for a push at the end. (shrug)

but, it is what it is

no doubt he wants more, I get that... my point was "if" he is willing to sell on ebay for 13,500, he should be "willing" to sell for 12K cash off ebay...same net to him

but, it is what it is

no doubt he wants more, I get that... my point was "if" he is willing to sell on ebay for 13,500, he should be "willing" to sell for 12K cash off ebay...same net to him

(thumbs u

but, it is what it is

100% in agreement here. (thumbs u

but, it is what it is

Why not just offer him just over what we know he'd make with eBay and Paypal's fees subtracted? We might not be able to guess with 100% accuracy but if a $13,500 sale would amount to about $12,000 income, why not just offer him $12,500 and make your point at the same time?

Worst thing he could say is no but I wouldn't imagine he'd be offended by your offer so long as you mentioned the eBay/Paypal factor in respectful fashion.