• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300428586012&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D300428586012%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_956wt_913

Mind boggling to me for anyone to spend $30k on a raw book.

I do like how the seller got a neg for an auction of a box of Sneakers. It never ceased to amaze what people will buy on Ebay...a box of Sneakers?

:gossip: snicker candy bars, not sneakers :baiting:

I suspect there still might not be a sale...could be a "ploy" to get our interested poster here into committing to buy...maybe a "buyer bought it for 30k, as you saw on ebay, but now can't pay...so, I'll let you have it for 29k, or whatever"

or, could just be a stupid person (shrug)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300428586012&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D300428586012%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_956wt_913

I do like how the seller got a neg for an auction of a box of Sneakers. It never ceased to amaze what people will buy on Ebay...a box of Sneakers?

thanks for the correction :grin: I do agree that this "sale" looks fishy but if it is indeed a legit sale for $30k then, oh my.

thanks for the correction :grin: I do agree that this "sale" looks fishy but if it is indeed a legit sale for $30k then, oh my.

if it is legit, someone PLEASE identify the buyer for me, as I will make him some "great" deals by comparison doh!

I suspect there still might not be a sale...could be a "ploy" to get our interested poster here into committing to buy...maybe a "buyer bought it for 30k, as you saw on ebay, but now can't pay...so, I'll let you have it for 29k, or whatever"

or, could just be a stupid person (shrug)

+1 on the ploy 2c

That had to be the LOOOOOONGEST click of any collectors life to look left, look right, and then slowly X a well-ridden rubber-stained state highway, not knowing if an 18 wheeler is driving 120mph around a mountainous 90 degree curve 10 yards away!!!. hm

Yeah...with that type of money, it could buy you a genuine 7.0. Quite a bit of wear to be a 7.0. I don't know if anyone saw that light one inch right corner crease. Looks like a 6.0 at best.
as previously mentioned, if I recall, it was a in a cgc 6.0 holder at one time ( the small piece out of the bottom back cover is the clincher for me)... I suspect that is why the seller is "guaranteeing" a 6 to 8 from cgc... hope he didn't cause it to drop to a 5.5 :o

Yes.

"If the buyer chooses to pay for grading expenses with CGC I will guarantee a grade range of 6 - 8 . If the book is returned with a lower grade then 6.0 I will allow the bidder to opt out of the purchase. If the grade is higher then a 6 and the buyer pays the full bid amount I will reinburse the cgc costs in full."

Yeah...with that type of money, it could buy you a genuine 7.0. Quite a bit of wear to be a 7.0. I don't know if anyone saw that light one inch right corner crease. Looks like a 6.0 at best.
as previously mentioned, if I recall, it was a in a cgc 6.0 holder at one time ( the small piece out of the bottom back cover is the clincher for me)... I suspect that is why the seller is "guaranteeing" a 6 to 8 from cgc... hope he didn't cause it to drop to a 5.5 :o

It is amazing to me the acumen of this Board. Gator says he thinks he already saw this book as a 6. When I spoke the the seller and said I would hate to have this book come back a 6 at that price, he said, "Well, if it does just take it out the holder". I suspect that is exactly what he did here. Why else would a comic store owner for 15 years be shoping a raw AF 15 and complaining about paying CGC fees. That never sat well with me: if it is a 45k or even 30k book, why is he worrying about paying a CGC grading price....

It is amazing to me the acumen of this Board. Gator says he thinks he already saw this book as a 6. When I spoke the the seller and said I would hate to have this book come back a 6 at that price, he said, "Well, if it does just take it out the holder". I suspect that is exactly what he did here. Why else would a comic store owner for 15 years be shoping a raw AF 15 and complaining about paying CGC fees. That never sat well with me: if it is a 45k or even 30k book, why is he worrying about paying a CGC grading price....

I wish I could find a scan of it... I am going strickly from memory, but I completely agree... there is a reason this seller doesn't have the book graded...whether it is a legit reason or not, ANYONE that would risk spending 30K on a raw book, when they can spend less on a "done deal" is just a little bit deserving of what they get, in my book

The problem is that some people are clueless. They don't know the ropes. They also think they can grade from a scan and an overstreet guide. My local comic book shop owner has been in the business since 1988 and has never bought a slab.