• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

So did any board members win either of the AF 15s in the July Clink auction? I thought that the result for the 4.0 ($6,251) was solid but the 5.5 ($9,575) was a bit of a discount for the prices they have been getting on the exchange lately. Thoughts?

as many of the boardies and I discussed this weekend...a 5.5 is about an 11K book FMV...so, 9500 was a good price to buy, for the value potential for sure... I think I bid 9411 or something stupid like that and was out bid

as many of the boardies and I discussed this weekend...a 5.5 is about an 11K book FMV...so, 9500 was a good price to buy, for the value potential for sure... I think I bid 9411 or something stupid like that and was out bid
that 5.0 at Motor City we were looking at was really really nice but for the BC tanning.

I thought both of the Comiclink books looked good for their respective grades. I think they were good deals considering the visual appeal.

Congrats,Gator, on the strong price for the 6.5. Much better than I got on Comiclink last year.

So did any board members win either of the AF 15s in the July Clink auction? I thought that the result for the 4.0 ($6,251) was solid but the 5.5 ($9,575) was a bit of a discount for the prices they have been getting on the exchange lately. Thoughts?

Expect prices to continue to be down or flat for at least another year or two, maybe three or four. They rose too high and too fast in 2007/2008 when the recession started as people pumped their money into what they thought was a safer place to park their money, but that time is over now and people are putting their more sizable chunks of money elsewhere as the economy recovers.

Many of the ASM were down in price yesterday. The 9.4 of ASM 24 went really cheap, about $1350, and that's a $2000+ book. I got a few good deals on small books, I didn't have money to spend.

The ASM Annual #11 was a big surprise, over $1100 as I recall. It's still fun to watch though.

This is a perfect time to buy or add to one's collection...prices have pulled back anywhere from 20-40% from the peak depending on the grade. I may add another position since prices are good.

I agree...so I need more people to put their high-grade AF15s up for sale so I can snag one on the CHEAP! :wishluck::devil:

The ASM Annual #11 was a big surprise, over $1100 as I recall. It's still fun to watch though.

I saw that, and thought that that was just lunacy. I don't care if it has a black cover, is 9.8 or what the pop is, $1100 for that book is crazy. That is 50 times what the 9.4 went for in the same auction, or about $500 per stress mark difference between the two books. That is a lot for a stress mark on a book from 1977.

This is a perfect time to buy or add to one's collection...prices have pulled back anywhere from 20-40% from the peak depending on the grade. I may add another position since prices are good.

I agree...so I need more people to put their high-grade AF15s up for sale so I can snag one on the CHEAP! :wishluck::devil:

The trader man in the pit says, "Buy buy buy them Spideys !!! :banana:

the AF 15 bubble seems to have corrected itself quite a bit over the past year and a half...I know metro sold a cgc 9.0 at SDCC for a super strong price...we have sold numerous AF15's at very reasonable fmv lately... my guess is we are on a plateau, pricing wise, right now...so really no better time to buy (thumbs u