• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

That's a substantial discount...if it was ONLY 1/32 inch trimmed, I'll go with the 9.0 restored.

How would you know how much was trimmed?

Just my preference. But that poor 9.0 restored copy is such a beauty without being slightly trimmed and color touch.

You are probably right. Prices on 90 plods have been anywhere between 6-15k since 2007. My thougt was since he last blue 90 sold for 60k then an untrimmed 90 this nice should get between twenty and twenty five percent of that price. I lean toward the 90 than the 35 because I know that 90 even with the trimming was a nicer book.

Did a plod copy have legs for 15K? Impressive indeed!

If the AF15 9.0 copy listed above were not trimmed i'd be all over that copy. I'd love a HG AF 15 with just a little CT on the spine and perhaps a dot or two of glue. With the plod-stigma currently ruling the nest, - I think there are some nice books to be had for a bargain. (thumbs u

You are probably right. Prices on 90 plods have been anywhere between 6-15k since 2007. My thougt was since he last blue 90 sold for 60k then an untrimmed 90 this nice should get between twenty and twenty five percent of that price. I lean toward the 90 than the 35 because I know that 90 even with the trimming was a nicer book.

If the AF15 9.0 copy listed above were not trimmed i'd be all over that copy. I'd love a HG AF 15 with just a little CT on the spine and perhaps a dot or two of glue. With the plod-stigma currently ruling the nest, - I think there are some nice books to be had for a bargain. (thumbs u

Yes the PLOD 9.0's high price was $15k(Cert# 0792955001) in 2007, a slight amateur book that could be what you hope for, a solely color touched copy. The low was $1350 in 2005, an EP book.

There are six separate lines in the GPA for for PLOD 9.0's, the 2nd highest book is $8100, the rest under $6500.

Yes the PLOD 9.0's high price was $15k(Cert# 0792955001) in 2007, a slight amateur book that could be what you hope for, a solely color touched copy. The low was $1350 in 2005, an EP book.

There are six separate lines in the GPA for for PLOD 9.0's, the 2nd highest book is $8100, the rest under $6500.

The 8100$ copy. Was that slight (P) or ... ?

Peter loves Gwen: great detailed archive you keep there. You follow the PLOD HG AF 15 market close?

But books like these should be acquired out of lust to have that book in ones collection. Slight HG plods are beatyfull but they will hardly be items that outside-investors will ever go for. Fox 'n Vince will never promote a plod on primetime television.

Also I wouldnt believe these books mentioned here to have generated any significant value. Plods dont go up. Could one get 8K for a 9.0 plod in todays market ???? (shrug)

The sales figures are from the GPA data, they collect a certain amount of the actual sales and certification #'s. I decided in May when the last 9.0 went for $6300 on HA that I'd rather have that than my two AF15's. One of mine is a 6.0 PLOD and the other was suggested to be a 6.0 also. So I've been watching things for just a short while.

That other AF15 at $8099 in January 2004 was an MP book. The market is not good for the PLOD books, but any two bidders can run one up. I just hope to not be part of that.

Had the slight amateur AF 15 been printed during the 1950ies (in stead of 1963)it had arrived in a blue label (with notes). GA books restored with slight ct and /or glue goes into a blue holder :roflmao:

In such a case it had avoided a 70-80% price reduction. That is completely, and utterly ridi ... Ahmm - I mean that is a little difficult to understand :)

It's been a while since I've owned one of these. This is my second one ever and by far the prettier of the two.

AmazingFantasy15CGC6_5ow.jpg

Very sweet book Roy,excellent eye-appeal. Hope you get to play with it a little before you sell it :cloud9:

Not sure how that got only a 6.5, gorgeous copy!

I think this is a copy we dissected several months ago in this thread--there's a very long crease near the bottom edge that extends most of the way across the book.

Not sure how that got only a 6.5, gorgeous copy!

I think this is a copy we dissected several months ago in this thread--there's a very long crease near the bottom edge that extends most of the way across the book.

Great eye FF. (thumbs u You are referring to this copy in the thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2486186&fpart=195