• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I could be wrong, but it looks to me that while it's not that book, it has a similar light crease as that one. I see something that looks to start near Spidey's left foot at the edge and extends (going through his forefoot) diagonally down to the bottom edge of the book (directly under the guys left hand). It wouldn't stop me though; REAL sweet book there!

I could be wrong, but it looks to me that while it's not that book, it has a similar light crease as that one. I see something that looks to start near Spidey's left foot at the edge and extends (going through his forefoot) diagonally down to the bottom edge of the book (directly under the guys left hand). It wouldn't stop me though; REAL sweet book there!

You are correct. In fact, even in hand it is barely visible. I'm really happy with it!

You are correct. In fact, even in hand it is barely visible. I'm really happy with it!

Very sweet book Roy, congrats!!

Is it for your collection or business? Or do the two overlap?

Is there ever a difference?

:insane:

I bought the book for resale, but I'm happy to hang on to it for a bit as it's one of those books that I know will find a home when the time comes.

I don't officially collect right now. It's just too difficult for me to be a dealer and also enjoy my own supply.

:cry:

Thanks guys. It certainly looks better than some of the 7.0/7.5 copies that you've been discussing in this thread.

I paid strong for this copy.

I heard that an AF #15 CGC 6.5 sold for $25K recently through another respected dealer and so that is what I decided was a fair price for (and paid for) this particular copy when I bought it from Gator.

I figure you can't go wrong with a book that looks like this and is on a perpetual upswing.

It's been a while since I've owned one of these. This is my second one ever and by far the prettier of the two.

AmazingFantasy15CGC6_5ow.jpg

Just gorgeous Roy (thumbs u

I'd trade my mother for that book.

It's been a while since I've owned one of these. This is my second one ever and by far the prettier of the two.

Roy that book is breathtaking :cloud9:

:whatthe: Mother of love!

Your mother would trade you for that book. :makepoint:

I totally missed that until you pointed it out - you have good eyes. I did however notice what appears to be an equally light crease in the bottom right corner that is only about 1/2" to 1" long (unless I'm mistaken). If not for these very light crease(s), it would definitely be higher than a 6.5 (even with the crease(s) it looks like a strong 6.5)... gorgeous looking 6.5 :cloud9:

I totally missed that until you pointed it out - you have good eyes. I did however notice what appears to be an equally light crease in the bottom right corner that is only about 1/2" to 1" long (unless I'm mistaken). If not for these very light crease(s), it would definitely be higher than a 6.5 (even with the crease(s) it looks like a strong 6.5)... gorgeous looking 6.5 :cloud9:

I'm not sure it would have to be locked in at a 6.5. I just bought a TOS #60 CGC 7.0 off of eBay that has to be the ugliest 7.0 in existence. It has two color-breaking thumb creases, several color breaking edge creases, a small edge tear, and on top of all that a light 2" long crease in the lower left corner that looks much worse by itself than the creases in that 6.5 AF #15. If I had seen this TOS in person I never would have bought it for the same (low) price I paid on eBay despite the numerical grade (buy the book, not the holder). I DEFINITELY would have added that AF #15 to my collection.