• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Wow that is a shame. But maybe the fact that it was in a binder is the reason its a 9.4. Im sure there are a few guys out there that had AF15 folded in their back pocket and sitting on it while riding the bus. If the ones that arent into comics anymore saw what a comic they bought in 62 was worth now. Whew..

That is a pretty optimistic price. hm

So many nice qualities to the book, but that one fatal flaw. Would be fascinating to see how this book would do in a real auction.

maybe the fact that it was in a binder is the reason its a 9.4.

me thinks so too...

Nah, that's the Edenwald copy, most of the rest of that collection is 9.x also. I forget why it's not a pedigree because it's full of great books.

maybe the fact that it was in a binder is the reason its a 9.4.

me thinks so too...

Nah, that's the Edenwald copy, most of the rest of that collection is 9.x also. I forget why it's not a pedigree because it's full of great books.

Could it be that they all had 3 holes punched into them and they would never garner a high grade blue label?

Could it be that they all had 3 holes punched into them and they would never garner a high grade blue label?

No, here are two punch-free copies--first is Doug Schmell's from his web site and the second is mine that I plan to resubmit to try for a 9.8. Maybe he bound up a bunch of the Spideys, I'm not sure.

ff896ew.jpg

ff38.jpg

So many nice qualities to the book, but that one fatal flaw. Would be fascinating to see how this book would do in a real auction.

It's kind of like having Michael Vick as your quarterback.

It was auctioned on Clink once upon a time, and it didn't do that well. It didn't meet reserve and that is how it ended up on the Exchange with the $30K price tag.

I think it ended less than 10k

Yeah, that is my recollection too.

I was the high bidder on it back in 2008 somewhere between 8 and 9k. The reserve was 30k at the time. Now I'm in the small minority that really loves this book. The holes are definitely obtrusive, but there's something endearing about the fact that they were caused intentionally by someone who enjoyed the book for what it was at the time- just a comic, not a cultural icon. The book is otherwise basically perfect and the closest I would probably ever get to a NM AF15. So I upped my offer significantly after the auction. I was told that the seller wanted 27k and wouldn't budge.

Fast forward to early 2010. I decided the heck with it and I went back to Clink prepared to make a deal. Turns out the seller now won't take less than 40k....

???

I think it ended less than 10k

Yeah, that is my recollection too.

I was the high bidder on it back in 2008 somewhere between 8 and 9k. The reserve was 30k at the time. Now I'm in the small minority that really loves this book. The holes are definitely obtrusive, but there's something endearing about the fact that they were caused intentionally by someone who enjoyed the book for what it was at the time- just a comic, not a cultural icon. The book is otherwise basically perfect and the closest I would probably ever get to a NM AF15. So I upped my offer significantly after the auction. I was told that the seller wanted 27k and wouldn't budge.

Fast forward to early 2010. I decided the heck with it and I went back to Clink prepared to make a deal. Turns out the seller now won't take less than 40k....

???

I can appreciate your being endeared by the copy, and sorry the guy jacked his price. $40K seems quite steep, but then again it is tough to value the green labels sometimes...

???

I can appreciate your being endeared by the copy, and sorry the guy jacked his price. $40K seems quite steep, but then again it is tough to value the green labels sometimes...

Anyone who pays more than the Fine price for this book needs an intervention... :screwy:

???

Anyone who pays more than the Fine price for this book needs an intervention... :screwy:

Fine being $16k for a 6.0?