• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

af1590.jpg

AWESOME! :cloud9:

Best 9 out there. period. (worship)

....WOW.... :golfclap:

Gorgious book !! Congrats big time - A real GRAIL (worship)

Very sweet indeed and it's not trimmed like the other 9.0's. (worship)

OMG! :o

Unbelieveable book! :headbang:

I'm officially jealous...very happy for you Foomy! (worship)

This was the book I was suppose ta have in my collection .... :(

:gossip: (getting the *untrimmed* HG plods of this book AINT easy )

well, gentlemen...I'm in! a STELLAR transaction with G.A.tor/rick on this AF15 which I could not be happier with. :cloud9:

af1590.jpg

two things sold me on this one: the condition/grade of course and rick's [insert hyperbole here!] customer service. both awesome. the scan doesn't really do this justice.

GAtor, many thanks again and may all your labels be blue! (thumbs u

let me also say Brian is one cool dude...even if he follows that team in red and white :baiting:

What it go for ? :popcorn:

$7750 ebay BIN will be the GPA recorded price (thumbs u

I remember a well known boardie who acquired a similar beatyfull untrimmed 9.0 moderate a few years ago for like 6K if I remember correct. Seems they are slowly moving upwards. Great book for a great price. Congrats to both seller and buyer. (thumbs u

There was a slight 9.0 a few years ago out of C-link that went considerably higher I think (more like double this one). Me thinks it changed hands several times around a 15Kish level. It was ultra slight though - if I remember correct (thumbs u

Wonder if these deals down the raod will be considered bargains? or the opposite?

What is a 9.0 universal today? 100K? (shrug)

Tough to say on the long term, that is, for all SA Marvel keys. This particular issue, however, I think will continue to hold its value considering sheer longevity of Spider-Man outside of comic fanboy-dom.

And I agree that this book is slowly making forward progress again now that it's more or less corrected itself from the monster bubble of two years ago. If people are on the fence about buying a copy, now's the time to do it while you can. Batman #1 (while never cheap) could have been purchased in 0.5 - 1.0 for a lower 4-figure amount 2-3 years ago. Now? Try mid-4-figure price range on the book---a price I consider to be out of the common collector's price range for good. I think in about 5-10 years TOPS we'll see AF 15 begin to move out of reach of most middle class collectors as well.

2c

Wonder if these deals down the raod will be considered bargains? or the opposite?

There is a fairtly strict cap on the value of restored 9.x key comics related to the fact that the supply can go up whenever someone feels like values are increasing enough to restore books. The supply of unrestored books only stays the same or goes down.

That is actually incorrect. I would say unless the value of restored books surges to a higher percentage of blue labels you have seen the last 9.0 you will see on the census. The unrestored book required to make a 9.0 Sp or Mp is worth a hell of a lot more than the 7-10K the restored book brings.

That is actually incorrect. I would say unless the value of restored books surges to a higher percentage of blue labels you have seen the last 9.0 you will see on the census. The unrestored book required to make a 9.0 Sp or Mp is worth a hell of a lot more than the 7-10K the restored book brings.

Now this is something to consider!!

I have actually never thought about restored pricing from that "angle" before.

What will a slight 9.0 have been before the 'work'? An 8.5 blue with a few small unnescessary dots of CT would bring you a 9.0 slight plod!

From that angle theres NO deal at all in restoring ... obviously.

That limits the amount of how many more 'moderat' and 'slight' new copies of AF15 we will see emerging in the comming years.

Feeling disagreeable today I take it? :makepoint: I was describing what would happen just as you just did, that if the value of restored books surged up, it would surge back down again because it would incent people to start creating additional supply. I doubt we ever see a substantial increase, but it'd be very interesting if we did.

Feeling disagreeable today I take it? :makepoint: I was describing what would happen just as you just did, that if the value of restored books surged up, it would surge back down again because it would incent people to start creating additional supply. I doubt we ever see a substantial increase, but it'd be very interesting if we did.

So I can restore this to a 9.2-9.4. That's if the price is right. :insane:

RAD7BAD02010825_135826.jpg

Its absolutely possible, yes, although the only people trying to do that much the last decade due to depressed pricing on restored books are the handful of people who still sell raw and don't disclose the restoration in an attempt to deceive.

Its absolutely possible, yes, although the only people trying to do that much the last decade due to depressed pricing on restored books are the handful of people who still sell raw and don't disclose the restoration in an attempt to deceive.

I see your point. Unrestored copies are always desirable and can always be restored to higher state plod. But once restored, it will be nearly impossible to get it back to it's unrestored condition it started at. This copy above is a perfect example, since it doesn't have pieces missing and can look quite new if restored. Yeah, in the 1990's lots of restored comics going for big money either disclose or not.

It definitely would not be a Sp or Mp if you did.

:idea: Sorry about that, I half read your post and thought you said ton's of 9.0 will appear and hold the market value down. I agree with you and for the record I don't think restored values will grow fast enough for those high quality blues to be defiled.

I think the only reason most 9.0 PLODs exist in the first place is becasuse of crooks and theives. Although there is the one that exists because of a tape pull off a mylar and my heart goes out to the guy that did that to an AF15.

It definitely would not be a Sp or Mp if you did.

Moderate could perhaps take it to an 8.5ish apparent grade. Not much more I think. 9.4ish? No way that will happen with moderate restoe. Thats the impression I get from reading boardie opinion on these matters. But perhaps Ze-man or Rick could chime in on this?

What it go for ? :popcorn:

$7750 ebay BIN will be the GPA recorded price (thumbs u

That seems like a steal! Very nice book, gives me hope that I can one day afford a nice looking copy PLOD or not, there is HOPE!

Regarding plod pricing, there was the much talked about slight AF15 Plod 9.6 (P). It sold on feebay a few years ago for 50K or something. It actually had a piece added + tear seal + CT (which was not 'small amount' other wise cgc would have noted it). Work was reversible. But undone it would IMHO have taken the book to 8.5/9.0. At least that would be my guess. But it went for 50K because the (P) work was considered 'reversible'. I guess that sale was the high water mark so far regarding AF15 plods :juggle:

The range of grade to be able to achieve a PLOD 9.# is something in the 6.0-7.5 range. I was told this by Matt Nelson, so I think that's a safe guideline.

If a 6.0 could really get to a PLOD 9.0, what's the value change? The unrestored 6.0 is around $25k right now, and that is going to keep going up. So until a PLOD 9.0 with that much restoration can sell for over $25k(the going 6.0+ value), nobody is going to make any more 9.0's that way.

There are actually a lot of 9.# PLODs now, about 21 as I recall. As long as the value of the blue labeled books goes up, there is easily room for PLODs to double in price and still not affect HG restoration figures.

The 8.5 AF15 in the last auction went for $108,000. My AF15 PLOD 9.0 has just slight CT and the top edge trimmed. I had it in hand last week, and if the top edge was a typical overhang before trimming, it could have been an 8.5/9.0 before the work was done. I'm good with that, it's a keeper to me. Regards,

af15cgcfront90.jpg

af15rawfront90cttrimmed.jpg

pict2728.jpg