• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

2008 = skyrocket

2009= price correction

2010= back on track

and 2011=up up and away

High-grade will always be on the up and up.

Low grades will no doubt climb too as people want an affordable entry in. But we are talking in the hundreds of dollars for low grade, not thousands.

I'm not sure about mid-grade books? 3.5 remained steady through 2008 till now.

Geeking out on GPA graphs, the trend seems to be a rise from 2007 and there actually hasn't been a correction. There are peaks and troughs but the trend seems to be up. There were huge spikes on books graded 6.5 upwards. Perhaps it's due to small numbers sold. For example, in the 7.0, there was ONE recorded sale of $12.5k. In 2008, it spiked to 22k and climbed from 33K, 31K and the crazy 40K. Then there was a correction in 2009 back to 30K

Maybe a real correction will happen in 2011? :-)

Or will there be a correction since the GFC is officially over? When the economy picks up again, will there be further rise?

2008 = skyrocket

2009= price correction

2010= back on track

and 2011=up up and away

Low grades will no doubt climb too as people want an affordable entry in. But we are talking in the hundreds of dollars for low grade, not thousands.

Geeking out on GPA graphs, the trend seems to be a rise from 2007 and there actually hasn't been a correction. There are peaks and troughs but the trend seems to be up. There were huge spikes on books graded 6.5 upwards. Perhaps it's due to small numbers sold. For example, in the 7.0, there was ONE recorded sale of $12.5k. In 2008, it spiked to 22k and climbed from 33K, 31K and the crazy 40K. Then there was a correction in 2009 back to 30K

Or will there be a correction since the GFC is officially over? When the economy picks up again, will there be further rise?

a 7.0 sold for 40k ? :acclaim:

2008 = skyrocket

2009= price correction

2010= back on track

and 2011=up up and away

a 7.0 sold for 40k ? :acclaim:

40K is a silly price back then...very parabolic. Regarding my figure of speech...up up and away, I meant prices in all grades will be more than the previous years. Hence, gradual increases and the good deals of late 2009 and 2010 are the days of the past. I have mention in the past post that 6.0-8.0 has been glutted in 09, and 10 that in order for prices to increase again, we need to clear out some of the inventory. It has happen. The new purchases and new owners who bought 6.0-8.0 will want more for their copy now. Demand for AF15 has always been high, and it's like the Mickey Mantle for sportscards, Mars Attacks cards for non-sport cards, vintage Tiffany lamps...always in demand.

40K is a silly price back then...very parabolic. Regarding my figure of speech...up up and away, I meant prices in all grades will be more than the previous years. Hence, gradual increases and the good deals of late 2009 and 2010 are the days of the past. I have mention in the past post that 6.0-8.0 has been glutted in 09, and 10 that in order for prices to increase again, we need to clear out some of the inventory. It has happen. The new purchases and new owners who bought 6.0-8.0 will want more for their copy now. Demand for AF15 has always been high, and it's like the Mickey Mantle for sportscards, Mars Attacks cards for non-sport cards, vintage Tiffany lamps...always in demand.

Well, a look on ebay will reveal many AF15s that sit there with ultra-high WAY above GPA BIN prices. If you track some of the CGC # on GPA, I wouldn't be surprised if these owners are already wanting a return on their investment. The copies range from 3.5 to 6.0. So you're not far off. But looks like people still want bargains (relatively speaking). Or at least a fair shot at paying GPA via auction instead of a BIN.

Well, a look on ebay will reveal many AF15s that sit there with ultra-high WAY above GPA BIN prices. If you track some of the CGC # on GPA, I wouldn't be surprised if these owners are already wanting a return on their investment. The copies range from 3.5 to 6.0. So you're not far off. But looks like people still want bargains (relatively speaking). Or at least a fair shot at paying GPA via auction instead of a BIN.

It's like fishing...waiting for the big bite. Low GPA is always great, but I feel copies that present well will continue to be in higher demand and will increase the most in the long run. The only other book and I may be biased that has great potential is Showcase 22. I sense one day, it will be worth half as much as AF15 in all grades...I hope.

I've had my CGC 6.5 copy on eBay for a couple of months now at an admittedly high price but I'm not in a hurry to sell it. I've already turned down an offer of $25K through eBay for it. I know that someone, someday will buy the book and not the holder as the book looks much better in hand than most other copies in higher grades.

I've had my CGC 6.5 copy on eBay for a couple of months now at an admittedly high price but I'm not in a hurry to sell it. I've already turned down an offer of $25K through eBay for it. I know that someone, someday will buy the book and not the holder as the book looks much better in hand than most other copies in higher grades.

Your copy looks incredible for the grade. I wouldn't be in a rush if I had that copy.

Hi, this is my copy bought it raw but was saddend to find abt the glue. Guess I was too excited about the fact that it had very little chipping. Well water under the bridge now. Am looking to upgrade to a 4.0.

Do you think I could do that with this copy plus a top up < $2k ?

AF15.jpg

Is quite honestly could be the nicest 2.0 I've ever seen, without a detached cover.

This book screams a 3.0

Hi, this is my copy bought it raw but was saddend to find abt the glue. Guess I was too excited about the fact that it had very little chipping. Well water under the bridge now. Am looking to upgrade to a 4.0.

Do you think I could do that with this copy plus a top up < $2k ?

AF15.jpg

Is quite honestly could be the nicest 2.0 I've ever seen, without a detached cover.

This book screams a 3.0

It does look good doesn't it?

I've advised the owner to contact CGC for grading notes to get a sense as to why it grades poorer than it looks.

Hard to tell without a BC scan. Could be spine splits etc?

This is the weirdest cut I've ever seen on an AF15. Not only does it have an angled miswrap, it's cut like an upside-down trapezoid with the bottom of the comic being about 3/4" narrower than the top. I've seen trapezoidal cuts like that on later Marvel issues--it's extremely common on tons of issues from 1967 and various other ones such as Spidey #25 which I may have never seen without a trapezoidal cut--but I've NEVER seen it on an AF15 until now. :eek:

ama12.333a.jpg

This is the weirdest cut I've ever seen on an AF15. Not only does it have an angled miswrap, it's cut like an upside-down trapezoid with the bottom of the comic being about 3/4" narrower than the top. I've seen trapezoidal cuts like that on later Marvel issues--it's extremely common on tons of issues from 1967 and various other ones such as Spidey #25 which I may have never seen without a trapezoidal cut--but I've NEVER seen it on an AF15 until now. :eek:

ama12.333a.jpg

Ditto, I saw the odd miss-wrap too, but I didn't notice it being miss-cut also. I've had a time with ASM 109 and 112 recently, those are cut that way a lot.