• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Dare I ask what you paid for this? Being a 9.0 and It has only small amount of CT. Its like two dots away from being a HG universal book. :o

:gossip: the trim job kills it from being universal, but it is a killer book none the less :banana:

Dare I ask what you paid for this? Being a 9.0 and It has only small amount of CT. Its like two dots away from being a HG universal book. :o

:gossip: the trim job kills it from being universal, but it is a killer book none the less :banana:

What a shame, it's a great looking book.

A book like this *without* the trimjob would rather be at least a 25Kish deal than the 9K he paid. And it seems to be "micro" so ... it "is" a monsterbook !!!!!!!

Yeah - very minor ct and/or glue and the book (being GA) goes into a BLUE holder.

if GA that is.

SA = (tsk)

A book like this *without* the trimjob would rather be at least a 25Kish deal than the 9K he paid. And it seems to be "micro" so ... it "is" a monsterbook !!!!!!!

The last 9.0 Blue label sold for $150,000 :eek:

Which shows just how insane that price differential between the two books is.

Trimmed books are irrationally valued in my opinion.

Consider that this book is apparently worth 1/15th the price of a Universal simply because of a few hits of color touch and a trimmed edge.

That's nuts to me.

Consider that this book is apparently worth 1/15th the price of a Universal simply because of a few hits of color touch and a trimmed edge.

That's nuts to me.

Agreed Roy, thankfully the price and how it looks is what I was after.

25 years ago any restored books were being sold at virtually the same price as untouched versions. I think the countless number of times people were burned by discovering what they got, it has made the stigma of any restoration bad, and especially trimming. The only thing to be sure of is that, things change. How long and how they change, who knows? Regards,

I don't mind PLODs at all....I think there will always be a difference between prices on Blue vs PLOD but I tend to believe that the disparity between the two won't be as large as it is now.

Just my opinion tho :cool:

That's nuts to me.

Well Peter lowes gwen would have had to pay much more if this stigma hadnt been there ... it is a massive discount - agreed. I dont know if I would call i 'nuts'.

If its bad or good depends on wether you are buying or selling ....

I think not all plods will have major growth potential. But an AF15 like peter loves gwen is displaying, will have a lot of potential I think. I mean there cant be many slight / ultra slight copies of HG AF15 going around. And as flash 105 mentioned in another thread: where should new slight HG plod copies come from?

$9k vs $150k, hell, crack it out, have the CT removed and rub some dirt on the edge and see what happens. A couple of marvel chips would take the trim job right off.