• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Thank you! The more i look at it, the more jealous i'm getting of my son! :blush:

I wish i had invested in the same stocks i bought my son so I could have afforded this one for myself. I WISH that 4.0 book would have been one of the ones that got re-listed, i would definitely would have gotten it for myself.

Thank you! The more i look at it, the more jealous i'm getting of my son! :blush:

I wish i had invested in the same stocks i bought my son so I could have afforded this one for myself. I WISH that 4.0 book would have been one of the ones that got re-listed, i would definitely would have gotten it for myself.

Your son will be doing great. Your son is still you, so technically you partially own it. lol Yes, great stock/investments can help. You are allocating you son's investment into comics also is a great idea. I've been a long term investor/collector in comics and always stay the course unless it's an upgrade. Welcome to the boards. :applause:

One thing i wanted to ask.

I was adding books to my Registry and saw something odd. I just got my X-men 1 graded at 8.5 and that is 8700 points but the AF 15 in 7.0 is only 7500.

Dont get me wrong, it doesnt matter at all to me but just thought it odd that a 8.5 Xmen 1 is worth much more points than a 7.0 AF 15. I would have guessed the AF was about twice as many points as the Xmen 1.

How do they determine the amount of points for a book in the registry?

lol! Seems like it!

I dont think many people would take a 8.5 Xmen1 over a 7.0 AF 15 hm

I would have to agree, but then I think we may be a bit biased over here... hm

Spidey bias. :cloud9:

+1 :cloud9:

I know it's predictable, but...:luhv:

So, can I finally join the club??? :acclaim:

I have to sacrifice an Avengers 4 7.5 OW Dual Sig, Hulk 181 9.2 OW and ASM 129 9.6 White but I feel it's worth it in the end.

What is your opinion of the "Stan Lee 76" writing... I'm okay with it but was wondering what the general opinion is on notes like that.

RADD895B20101022_173610.jpg

I have to sacrifice an Avengers 4 7.5 OW Dual Sig, Hulk 181 9.2 OW and ASM 129 9.6 White but I feel it's worth it in the end.

What is your opinion of the "Stan Lee 76" writing... I'm okay with it but was wondering what the general opinion is on notes like that.

All of the books you gave up are out there in quantity (save the double signed Av #4, but you can get another Av #4 and get it double signed through NYCC). AF #15 is in a completely different league from any of those books, and I would make the same deal in a heartbeat. 2c

I think the ""Stan Lee 76" is cool, personally. I like first page signatures, especially in a mega key like this book, and I wouldn't mind owning this copy in the least. Great pickup.

Like i told you before, I LOVE this book! I was the underbidder and have been kicking my self for not going higher. Not only doesn't the sig bother me, i think it was a major bonus. Even if it isnt real, it probably dropped the overall grade imo since that is a SWEET looking 4.0.

If it is real, you got the steal of a lifetime in my eyes!

CONGRATS again on a AWESOME book! (worship)

Enjoy!

Thanks guys.

And yes since it just went through CGC recently I spoke to one of the graders that felt 99% sure it was a real signature from 1976.

Now if I could find the owner of the book and if he was the actual person that got Stan to sign it I would love to hear that story.

Sadly, these books change hands so many times that it's nearly impossible to get the history unless it's an original owner.

From what I have been told (and others can corroborate or take issue), CGC will only put the actual name of the person on the label if they feel that the signature is legit. Otherwise they will just put "name written on first page in marker". So that designation on the label would seem to me to be supportive of the signature being as legit as CGC is willing to go on a blue label. If I am wrong in this I hope someone will enlighten me.

Thanks guys.

And yes since it just went through CGC recently I spoke to one of the graders that felt 99% sure it was a real signature from 1976.

Now if I could find the owner of the book and if he was the actual person that got Stan to sign it I would love to hear that story.

Sadly, these books change hands so many times that it's nearly impossible to get the history unless it's an original owner.

Nice pick up (thumbs u

Beautiful book.

I think Stan was signing things like that then. I have a TOS 39 with the same notation on the label; either 1975 or 1976.

Very nice Bruno, and I like the idea of Stan Lee having signed it inside the front page.

:applause:

Congrats! The most loved SA Marvel book. :headbang:

Back in the day, you got your "sigs" at shows and conventions on the "inside" of books. With a SL sig on the inside first page, where he normally did 'em back in the day, I say you're GOLDEN! Don't freak out too much about trying to find the original owner. Those in the "know", know that Stan the Man signed that way back then. Obviously those at CGC did too, but since they've been getting CASH for his SIGNATURE SERIES work, aint gonna disclose.