• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I dont think i can let him see it or tell him about it, at least for a few years. I'm pretty sure he would freak and whine forever to give it to him. It's going into my safe for awhile.

I was planning on telling him it was just some Spider-man comic i got and not make a big deal about it and take a pic of him holding it for when he's older.

start them young and it will be fine. My 3 years old son can access just about any slabs I have in the house and as long as I am around, he understands when he can touch them.

anthony3.jpg

anthony2.jpg

I love my son more than anything in the world and seriously if he drops and crack any slabs, wouldn't be a big deal to me.

That's awesome! The issue I worry about isn't so much my son damaging it as much as just whining about it day and night. Also, I'd like to surprise him with it when he's old enough to really appreciate it.

The CGC slabs are a whole lot safer to be having kids handle them, or anyone unfamiliar with comics. Letting people handle comics that are inside bags and boards, or Mylars is very dangerous. Most people don't understand how fragile they are. I like CGC books for showing to friends much better, they aren't invincible, but they are much much better than bags etc.

I dont think i can let him see it or tell him about it, at least for a few years. I'm pretty sure he would freak and whine forever to give it to him. It's going into my safe for awhile.

I was planning on telling him it was just some Spider-man comic i got and not make a big deal about it and take a pic of him holding it for when he's older.

start them young and it will be fine. My 3 years old son can access just about any slabs I have in the house and as long as I am around, he understands when he can touch them.

anthony3.jpg

anthony2.jpg

I love my son more than anything in the world and seriously if he drops and crack any slabs, wouldn't be a big deal to me.

Are slabs pee proof ? (shrug)

Also, like you, I pretty much let my son handle any of my slabbed books and wouldn't really care if he hurt them unless it was a MAJOR book like my Xmen 1.

However, I bought this book for him with money I put away for him as a investment. Hopefully, when he's older he will want to and be in a position to keep it and not have to sell it. But if he does need to sell it or for some reason isn't into comics when he's older, I want it to be in the same condition so he can get his investment back.

anthony3.jpg

anthony2.jpg

Way cool...Need to get some pics before my kid get to big.

I love my kids too and hopefully my new AF 15 will make it to them one day but I have twin 3 year old boys (and a 6 year old girl) and if I gave them 3 minutes with the book.... let's just say the slab would loose the fight and I would loose my temper!!

Although they look like little angels, the two of them together are pretty destructive. When they are alone, they are much more calm. Go figure.

IMG_3050.jpg

great looking Batmans :applause:

I am indeed feel very lucky with my son. He has unbelievable great self restraint for a 3 years old. We do not lock any cabinets or cover up any electrical outlets around the house. Not that we didn't worry about keeping him away from harmful chemicals or other bad things but I recognized early that "no" is "no" with him. There aren't much need to repeat and he will get mad if I tell him something more than once or twice.

"Do not open or touch" somehow stuck in his head and we don't need to constantly remind him on anything.