• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Spider Turtle: the .5 cover looks fab! Would be nice cracked out and married to a coverless copy (a couple have gone for $500ish in the recent past). Would get a higher Qualified grade no?

Also, is GPA falling on 3.0-4.5 copies? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I just put in a last-second 'for fun' bid $800 below 12-mth GPA on a 4.0 on eBay...gulp. And won. Maybe it was the picture. Maybe it's the OW PQ. Maybe it's the tiny amount of MC on the book. Maybe it's the lack of a BC scan? Link to auction below the picture.

Erm...how am I gonna explain that to the wife. She accepted the 3.5 that was $400 below 12-month GPA but...gotta sell one copy at some point. Or I'm dead.

AF15CGC40Z_111710.jpg

AF #15 ebay. 4.0. OW pages.

I just put in a last-second 'for fun' bid $800 below 12-mth GPA on a 4.0 on eBay...gulp. And won.

Erm...how am I gonna explain that to the wife. She accepted the 3.5 that was $400 below 12-month GPA but...gotta sell one copy at some point. Or I'm dead.

AF15CGC40Z_111710.jpg

I've put in the last minute "for fun" bids too. I usually have to scramble after winning to come up with the funds (thumbs u

Spider Turtle: the .5 cover looks fab! Would be nice cracked out and married to a coverless copy (a couple have gone for $500ish in the recent past). Would get a higher Qualified grade no?

I just put in a last-second 'for fun' bid $800 below 12-mth GPA on a 4.0 on eBay...gulp. And won. Maybe it was the picture. Maybe it's the OW PQ. Maybe it's the tiny amount of MC on the book. Maybe it's the lack of a BC scan? Link to auction below the picture.

AF15CGC40Z_111710.jpg

I can't believe you gave this CROOK any of your money.I guess it's true what they say,some people would deal with the devil himself to get a comic book they want. (shrug)

I can't believe you gave this CROOK any of your money.I guess it's true what they say,some people would deal with the devil himself to get a comic book they want. (shrug)

Please explain? I checked seller feedback. All positive except one neutral. A search on CGC boards might be in order...

OK, search done.

Seems like ebay seller has been done-in the past for some naughty things:

http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/

Accused of being a Shill and of of cracking resto books and selling raw:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4421633&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4420838&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2947670&fpart=1

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3706913&fpart=1

Dammit. Didn't know that. Here's the bid history. Any evidence of shilling?

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=170568266185

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=170568266185&showauto=true

Looks like loads of bids on the 20 Nov pushing the book from $2500 to $3900. Normal ebay enthusiasm or something more sinister?

So what now then? Auction was for a slabbed book and seemed legit...any thoughts. Feeling like tool right now.

Please explain? I checked seller feedback. All positive except one neutral. A search on CGC boards might be in order...

Go to your search function and type in Robojo33 or Danny Dupcak,it's far too much stuff to explain to you in this thread. doh!

Just go to comics general theres a topic on him right now. But theres usually about 1 a day anyway on him lol

Yes. I've trawled through all of them. Seems like Robojo33 is also selling CGC books (consignment from sellers).

Question is: what do I do now? I can either say that I'm not interested in purchasing (wondering what he will do if I walk away) or proceed. I would assume the book gets shipped as someone mentioned earlier (ie: seller has always shipped books regardless...)

Just got a paypal invoice. Shipping includes signature option but insurance value was only offered at a $100.

Shawn, first: You'll want to pay for insurance. That's a fair and simple request to make of ANY eBay seller. FORTUNATELY, you're buying a slabbed book so that works in your favor as he otherwise sells restored books as unrestored. Second, once you receive the book, you may wish to open it at the USPS with a witness--just tell the postal worker you've been lead to believe this person is known for scams and would like to have a witness in the event you need to file a claim. Considering the legal issues this dirt bag is facing, he can't afford to have postal fraud over state lines added to the pile--though I'm sure Mark Zaid would LOVE to add that to the list.

IF he will not agree to insurance, kindly point out to him that you've heard some feedback from close friends that has caused some unease and you'd feel much better with that on the book as you have every intention of following through with the sale. If anything smells funny, it'd just be better to take the neg from ebay and walk away.

Real shame though as this money will probably go toward paying his legal fees. But you know, you didn't know. I don't take the time to research every potential seller on eBay either if their feedback is clean and clear. Lesson learned though I'm sure.

Insurance is the sellers responsibility per Ebay,that's why Sellers can no longer "force" buyers to pay for it.

Buyers have Paypal as their Insurance,and Purchased Insurance is for the sellers protection to ensure it gets to you in the same manner in which it was sold,or to cover their if it's damaged/lost in transit.Period.

Regardless if this about Robo or not,it's not your responsibility to fork over Insurance to cover $5,000...it's the sellers.

Also,tho,a low insured amount will also equate to a low "customs duty" on International Transactions,as you can't insure for $5g,and try to claim say $100 value on the item thru customs.

I love my kids too and hopefully my new AF 15 will make it to them one day but I have twin 3 year old boys (and a 6 year old girl) and if I gave them 3 minutes with the book.... let's just say the slab would loose the fight and I would loose my temper!!

Although they look like little angels, the two of them together are pretty destructive. When they are alone, they are much more calm. Go figure.

IMG_3050.jpg

Cute pic! I have 9 year old twins (boy/girl) and they are the same way, destructive/hyper together but if one goes out to a sleepover or out with a family member they are angels by themselves!

Can't wait to join this club some day!

AF15CGC40Z_111710.jpg

oops! doh!

just goes to show you how many folks either

1) don't pay attention to the seller when they are bidding (I, myself, have found I have bid on robo cgc auctions without even realizing it doh! ...typically I hurridly go through auctions, if I see the "100%", I sometimes don't even look at seller's id)

2)are unaware of past trangressions (even members of this board, which is a very small minority of collectors)

be careful when casting stones (general statement, not specifically directed at anyone or any instance in particular) (thumbs u