• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Copies with chipping may have a thinner bidding pool and a raw copy will generally not perform as well as a slabbed copy.

I've noticed some upward pressure on some higher graded copies.

I heard of a spectacular deal that is possibly in the works for a high"er" grade copy (way above any previous sales) and I've had lots of interest in my CGC 7.0 over the past week.

Time will tell.

Looks like the stigma on copies with extra chips are a bit more soft. Copies that present well are holding up on it's own. I do notice copies in 6.0+ with nice appeal are much harder to pry loose at bargain prices.

Some people do not mind chipping at all (I don't) and some people do.

Well presenting copies have always fetched strong money. That was the reason I bought Rick's CGC 6.5 copy last year. It subsequently was traded for the CGC 7.0 that I have now.

I've noticed the trend that most March 2011 recorded sales (restored and unrestored) are all selling over previous averages except for the CGC 0.5 sale. These are all sales that have taken place after the $1.1MIL sale.

:o

Copies with chipping may have a thinner bidding pool and a raw copy will generally not perform as well as a slabbed copy.

I've noticed some upward pressure on some higher graded copies.

I heard of a spectacular deal that is possibly in the works for a high"er" grade copy (way above any previous sales) and I've had lots of interest in my CGC 7.0 over the past week.

Time will tell.

Looks like the stigma on copies with extra chips are a bit more soft. Copies that present well are holding up on it's own. I do notice copies in 6.0+ with nice appeal are much harder to pry loose at bargain prices.

Some people do not mind chipping at all (I don't) and some people do.

Well presenting copies have always fetched strong money. That was the reason I bought Rick's CGC 6.5 copy last year. It subsequently was traded for the CGC 7.0 that I have now.

I've noticed the trend that most March 2011 recorded sales (restored and unrestored) are all selling over previous averages except for the CGC 0.5 sale. These are all sales that have taken place after the $1.1MIL sale.

I don't mind chip (only a minimal), but no chips for my collection ;) . Not to mention the two other nice chip free 6.5's which sold last year. I have to say " the 5.5 on CL which sold the other day...definitely more chipping then minimal and not my cup of tea.

Here is the Clink copy (and its chipping) for those that don't want to jump back and dig through the completed auctions. I'm not a fan of the chipping, but I do at least like its centering. I have always liked copies where you can see all of the A in Amazing and the entire 12 cent circle. Not many copies have that level of centering.

RAD1F4EC201132_16350.jpg

Here is the Clink copy (and its chipping) for those that don't want to jump back and dig through the completed auctions. I'm not a fan of the chipping, but I do at least like its centering. I have always liked copies where you can see all of the A in Amazing and the entire 12 cent circle. Not many copies have that level of centering.

RAD1F4EC201132_16350.jpg

without the chipping and no major issues to the back cover this is a 6.5

RAD1F4EC201132_16350.jpg

Here's a comparison of a copy centered and no chips.

RAD1C31D2010414_93459.jpg

RAD1F4EC201132_16350.jpg

I believe I'd rather have a 5.5 with 100% of the front cover. 2c

RAD1F4EC201132_16350.jpg

I believe I'd rather have a 5.5 with 100% of the front cover. 2c

+1 I know I held out for centering and no chipping.

looks like the seller accepted an offer on this one yesterday, I had it in my notes and the asking price was $11,375 ~ sold for $9000 with bigtime MC

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%26ItemType%3DCB&id=851305

That is pretty hefty chipping, but the copy is otherwise quite tight. I don't like chipping, but would have to think hard about that copy if I were in the market at that level. There is a lot of eye appeal on that book even with the chipping.

Did you guys see this stunner in the April Clink auction? I don't think I've ever seen a prettier 1.8...

RAD2B3672011316_93942.jpg

Holy , and I was complaining about getting a 3.5 on mine :o

That copy looks amazing for a 1.8

Did you guys see this stunner in the April Clink auction? I don't think I've ever seen a prettier 1.8...

You know there has got to be a hole in it somewhere.

You know there has got to be a hole in it somewhere.

It looks like there is definitely moisture, if you look at the bottom right of the fc at Spidey's toe, and if that moisture is worse on the bc that may be why it was hammered. CGC hates moisture staining.