• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

There are lots of people that disagree with CGC, their grading standards or the principle of the existance a grading company.

Some people disagree with CGC grading because it shows all of their hidden resto. Others disagree with CGC grading because they can't wrap their head around the idea and the service being offered.

I don't think RB's reasons are nefarious (hiding resto) as far as I know, i just think that he's old school and thinks that books shouldn't be encapsulated in plastic OR graded down to an infinitely small fractional scale.

I talked to him at length about it once. Lots of older collectors and dealers opposed CGC vehemently and some still do. I think it comes more from a lack of understanding on their parts as to why a company like CGC is necessary for internet sales. I don't agree with him on his stance but I understand his POV.

Darcy (Pendgragon) feels that same way. Would you put him into that same "old school" goup? lol:baiting:

Darcy is a dink. 'nuff said.

:sumo:

^^ Did Steve tell you the latest story when he told him he would not be buying new comics there anymore? I just laughted at his reply after all those years of them dealing with eachother. And I feel sorry for his regulars who are constantly treated that way and don't know that there are better LCS's to deal with.

^^ Did Steve tell you the latest story when he told him he would not be buying new comics there anymore? I just laughted at his reply after all those years of them dealing with eachother. And I feel sorry for his regulars who are constantly treated that way and don't know that there are better LCS's to deal with.

Nope. Which Steve?

Nope. Which Steve?

ASM 14 9.2 Steve. (thumbs u

There are lots of people that disagree with CGC, their grading standards or the principle of the existance a grading company.

Some people disagree with CGC grading because it shows all of their hidden resto. Others disagree with CGC grading because they can't wrap their head around the idea and the service being offered.

I don't think RB's reasons are nefarious (hiding resto) as far as I know, i just think that he's old school and thinks that books shouldn't be encapsulated in plastic OR graded down to an infinitely small fractional scale.

I talked to him at length about it once. Lots of older collectors and dealers opposed CGC vehemently and some still do. I think it comes more from a lack of understanding on their parts as to why a company like CGC is necessary for internet sales. I don't agree with him on his stance but I understand his POV.

Who is CGC ? (shrug)

Who is CGC ? (shrug)

Who cracks graded comics? ;)

I heard he turned down $10k for that chipped up 5.0

if i can sell a chipped copy like that for 10k- i'd take it and run with it

He doesn't have to sell if he doesn't want to.

I wish I could afford any copy of AF 15 that doesn't look like a gerbil made a nest with it...Someday (shakes fist in the air)!

Here is some more history on your book, welcome to the boards :hi:

hm This looks like a nice 5.5, despite the PQ.

Link

That's a former 5.0 previosly belonging to a board member; the 6-5 in pencil gives it away

as.jpg

DSC00379-1.jpg

Fellow boardies-Same book?? Both have 6-5 at similar location, i haven't checked on the cgc serial number