• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Anyone ever look at Craigslist? Allofcraigs is a nifty search engine for CL.

Saw a 5.0, and a Hulk 181 for sale there:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/2377928156.html

The price is outrageous, but the offers seem okay.

-WB

The AF15 price isnt too bad. Last sale for a 5.0 was for just under 9k. I dont know about watches so i have zero clue what that Tag is worth but if its at least a few hundred dollars, thats not too bad a deal.

Definitely odd to be selling a AF15 and a watch as a package deal though (shrug)

Tag Heuer's are not that bad of a watch as they are swiss made. Not sure how much the value of the Tag Heuer watch is, but I'm guessing if brand new around $2k.

Tag Heuer has a poor resale value. Now, if it included a Rolex submariner or a Rolex yacht master, then a good deal. ;)

That is true! Resale values for Rolex's hold! I prefer the vintage submariner or sea dweller models, but one of those plus the cash would be way too much to offer for a 5.0. Not a big fan of the Yacht Master though

I prefer Blancpain, the oldest watchmaker in the world (est 1735).

No kidding, some of those watches are very expensive. :o

Which one would go first? (shrug)

112140.jpg

112141.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9:

The 4.0 did quite well...$6800 is strong.
very likely will be a 4.5 soon hm

It's was a nice 4.0 but the 3.0 went for strong money too.

I've already turned down offers of $32K and $35K for my copy. Currently have an interested party whom I told I wanted $40K for the book.

AF #15 seems to be bouncing back nicely, especially books with strong eye appeal and/or page quality.

(thumbs u

-WB

The AF15 price isnt too bad. Last sale for a 5.0 was for just under 9k. I dont know about watches so i have zero clue what that Tag is worth but if its at least a few hundred dollars, thats not too bad a deal.

Definitely odd to be selling a AF15 and a watch as a package deal though (shrug)

Tag Heuer's are not that bad of a watch as they are swiss made. Not sure how much the value of the Tag Heuer watch is, but I'm guessing if brand new around $2k.

Tag Heuer has a poor resale value. Now, if it included a Rolex submariner or a Rolex yacht master, then a good deal. ;)

That is true! Resale values for Rolex's hold! I prefer the vintage submariner or sea dweller models, but one of those plus the cash would be way too much to offer for a 5.0. Not a big fan of the Yacht Master though

Wear my 1959 Sub-Mariner everyday

I've already turned down offers of $32K and $35K for my copy. Currently have an interested party whom I told I wanted $40K for the book.

AF #15 seems to be bouncing back nicely, especially books with strong eye appeal and/or page quality.

(thumbs u

That's a sweet copy. At lease AF15's are holding its' ground.

-WB

I love that every day wear watch.

hm This is to your sweet 6.5. (worship)

good news about that copy, is david disclosed it has already been pressed, so it is what it is (thumbs u

hm This is to your sweet 6.5. (worship)

good news about that copy, is david disclosed it has already been pressed, so it is what it is (thumbs u

Ahh good news and good price. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Here's to PQ... :headbang:

(thumbs u

Here's to PQ... :headbang:

I wonder what's the FMV of your WP copy now....and you manup for it. ;)

(thumbs u

that was my 3.0

i was very happy with the result :banana:

(thumbs u

that was my 3.0

i was very happy with the result :banana:

You should have been pleased! Congrats! :golfclap:

that was my second 3.0 sold in the last 2 weeks.

my other 3.0 was nicer and sold for more.

i agree with roy.

it seems af15 are on the rise again (pending nice PQ and FC appearance)

B.

Based on the clink prices, I'm glad that I bought when I did. If I sold my copy, I'd probably find myself priced out of the market. (shrug)

Based on the clink prices, I'm glad that I bought when I did. If I sold my copy, I'd probably find myself priced out of the market. (shrug)

Good point. You're not the only one that's reached that conclusion. Supply goes down, demand drives prices up...

The low to midgrade copies of AF15 will move readily, with the high grade examples out of reach for many collectors.

At this rate, I'll only be able to acquire the "Gerbil's Nest Pedigree" copies.

Or a PLOD... :sick:

+1,000

I bought mine almost two years ago and it seemed pricey at the time, but as with most good books they always seem expensive at the time and then a year or two later those past prices you thought were crazy suddenly look like bargains!

Yes, that is a run-on sentence...

-WB

I love that every day wear watch.

I also have a 1961 date just stainless and gold.I gave my gf a 1960 air king stainless foe valentines day.