• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Anyone ever look at Craigslist? Allofcraigs is a nifty search engine for CL.

Saw a 5.0, and a Hulk 181 for sale there:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/2377928156.html

The price is outrageous, but the offers seem okay.

-WB

The AF15 price isnt too bad. Last sale for a 5.0 was for just under 9k. I dont know about watches so i have zero clue what that Tag is worth but if its at least a few hundred dollars, thats not too bad a deal.

Definitely odd to be selling a AF15 and a watch as a package deal though (shrug)

Tag Heuer's are not that bad of a watch as they are swiss made. Not sure how much the value of the Tag Heuer watch is, but I'm guessing if brand new around $2k.

Tag Heuer has a poor resale value. Now, if it included a Rolex submariner or a Rolex yacht master, then a good deal. ;)

That is true! Resale values for Rolex's hold! I prefer the vintage submariner or sea dweller models, but one of those plus the cash would be way too much to offer for a 5.0. Not a big fan of the Yacht Master though

Wear my 1959 Sub-Mariner everyday

I love that every day wear watch.

I also have a 1961 date just stainless and gold.I gave my gf a 1960 air king stainless foe valentines day.

Very cool...I love the president especially when they introduce the new clasp in 2001.

Now that a couple of months have passed since the mind-numbing AF #15 sale of 1.1 million greenbacks, how about some competition? From the highest graded 9.6 to...the lowest possible grade. :headbang: Let's get some guesses on the hammer price of an eBay auction that ends in 3 days--this coming Wednesday, June 1st...an AF #15 CGC 0.5 (Light Tan/OW) INCOMPLETE

I noticed the book was on eBay earlier this month with a 2,100.00 BIN or best offer and sat...and sat...and sat. Then, 4 days ago, it appeared on ComicLink with the same price--no bids yet. Then, on Friday it's back on eBay in a 5-day auction. After the first night, it's up to 510.00. Night #2 (last night), 4 bidders, and up to 760.00.

For the record, it's not my book nor do I know who owns it. I did notice that it's now in one of those handy dandy Slab-Pro blue frames. With a 0.5, you've gotta do some gussying up, I guess. :shrug:

Now that we know the Silver Age grail of grails just broke the million buck barrier in 9.6...what will it do in the humble, incomplete state of 0.5?

MANNUP and submit your answer. :sumo:

:popcorn:

Now that a couple of months have passed since the mind-numbing AF #15 sale of 1.1 million greenbacks, how about some competition? Tan/OW) INCOMPLETE

Now that we know the Silver Age grail of grails just broke the million buck barrier in 9.6...what will it do in the humble, incomplete state of 0.5?

I say $1500 and nothing more b/c believe it or not theres much nicer 0.5s out there

I had a much nicer 0.5 at one point

lf-1.jpg

Now that a couple of months have passed since the mind-numbing AF #15 sale of 1.1 million greenbacks, how about some competition? From the highest graded 9.6 to...the lowest possible grade. :headbang: Let's get some guesses on the hammer price of an eBay auction that ends in 3 days--this coming Wednesday, June 1st...an AF #15 CGC 0.5 (Light Tan/OW) INCOMPLETE

I noticed the book was on eBay earlier this month with a 2,100.00 BIN or best offer and sat...and sat...and sat. Then, 4 days ago, it appeared on ComicLink with the same price--no bids yet. Then, on Friday it's back on eBay in a 5-day auction. After the first night, it's up to 510.00. Night #2 (last night), 4 bidders, and up to 760.00.

For the record, it's not my book nor do I know who owns it. I did notice that it's now in one of those handy dandy Slab-Pro blue frames. With a 0.5, you've gotta do some gussying up, I guess. :shrug:

7 bidders now...a lowly blue label 0.5 incomplete @ 810.00...

Thanks for the input, SpiderTurtle. You've bought enough AF #15s over the last couple of years to know the ballpark. :hail:

I'll guess on the low end...1,200.00.

I know it's a holiday weekend in the States, but let's have a little bit of participation, people! Auction ends Wednesday, June 1 in the 8 p.m. hour (eastern time).

MANNUP and predict what this masterpiece will go for. Before it's too late! :preach:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-0-OW-W-Comic-1st-Spider-Man-/160594185061?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256428cb65

This 5.0 will definetly go higher than $10k; re: no chips and sharp edges; stains knocks it down

2 hours left on this one. The stains really kill the eye appeal for me.

I think I would prefer chipping with a clean cover over those stains.

Re 5.0. I am on the road and bid sub 10k but I haven't gotten an outbid notice yet (shrug)

It's still sitting at $9250 so for the time being you're looking good (thumbs u

I thought it was maybe dirt at first, but yea it does look like some sort of a stain

CGC notes also indicate stains.

Pre grader was at 4.0-4.5 (what the book looks like to me) and the final graders were 5.0 and 5.0.

Just graded in May.

Now that a couple of months have passed since the mind-numbing AF #15 sale of 1.1 million greenbacks, how about some competition? Tan/OW) INCOMPLETE

5jpg.jpg

if this sales for $1500, my .5 will be in hand for sale at Heroes. I hate to but I've got much more GA and Schomburg covers to get.

I say $1500 and nothing more b/c believe it or not theres much nicer 0.5s out there

I had a much nicer 0.5 at one point

lf-1.jpg

if this sales for $1500, my .5 will be in hand for sale at Heroes. I hate to but I've got much more GA and Schomburg covers to get.

Guy! :hi: Actually, the above book used to be SpiderTurtle's--and it's much nicer than the one right now on eBay (that ends around 9 tonight).

5jpg.jpg

i had to redo the post.

5jpg.jpg

i had to redo the post.

Bingo! :thumbsup: