• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I thought I would get help here in my search. I guess people would rather look down on and make fun of people that they have never had a chance to meet.
I don't think the dude or anyone else was looking down on anyone.... metro typically won't discount an af15 at all...quite honestly, I wouldn't either... so, if you truly don't know that, then you do now, but imo, af15 is a book that no one should discount if they are priced within top of FMV (thumbvs u

Help me out guys. How close on grading is metropolis comics because they have several for sale. Also there is a make offer button how much down they typically come down off the price?

Maybe try 10-15% lower, as I've been told about them. The price to offer was suggested to me by a recent customer of theirs. I got them to come down almost 10% on a key, but didn't have the money at the time.

I would suggest a CGC book at that price level. Grading raw books almost always comes down on the seller's side, too high. Here on this forum there are exceptions to that, but for the big dealers out there, count on their grade to be higher than CGC. Be patient, copies turn up regularly from what I've seen for over a year.

Would you guys say that on average dealers are off by .5 or is it more than that?

Ive bought 2 AF15's off Metropolis and while i do like them and dont want to bash they have both been overgraded and on some books its not so bad but on AF15's it hurts losing that much money but hey thats the risk. Stay patient and get a budget you are happy with and the right book will come up eventually.

There is a cgc1.5 on eBay for $3850 but that seems a little stout to me.

Might as well save up another $500 and get a 3.0 at that price

You mean another 1000-1500 for a 3.0 don't you? A clink 3.0 sold for almost 5k last month and I sold a 3.0 for 5200 recently

Good point gator; a bump in fmv from 6 months ago

my motto is you can bargain on anything

Metro's motto is "We laugh at your bargains!"

Just purchased an AF #15,the price was not cheep but I finally got one,it's been 26 years sinse my last one which I had to sell.

The grade is CGC 3.0 restored moderate (A) 0106301001,When I figure out how to post a picture I will,until then the CGC number is above.

as long as you got it for less than 2K, you probably did ok price wise...but, if you are happy with the purchase, then you did ok collector wise (thumbs u

Can someone tell me what kind of money plod 6.0 are selling for?

Mine sold for $4900 four months ago, and it was signed by Stan. The PLOD market is very wild, you might get one lots cheaper, or more. Look hard at the restoration type/amounts, those affect the price greatly.

For investment, buy a non restored. For a keeper that you are comfortable with being very patient to resell, a restored copy may be a good way to go. I did that because I wanted a book that appears as nice as the rest of my collection. You can't do that with a blue label AF 15.

Be patient.