• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

My membership card came in the mail today :D

AF15A.jpg

Honestly, I thought I'd never get one. 17 short years later..... lol

Jerome

Damn, you didn't enter the club, you kicked the damn door in!

Nice book!

May I ask what the damage was?

It was $6,000 on the nose for the book (thank you Bunky Brothers!), plus signing fees of $200-some dollars. I decided to part ways with a ton of old stuff like my original WD comics, other random CGC goodies, lego star wars MF and Star Destroyer, my old saxophone, all of my old NES, SNES and N64 games, sold my webserver....and some gift money from last christmas, haha.

But you are right sufunk, it will be a nice Powell family heirloom, if I'm lucky enough to have a son lol

Jerome

(worship)

Eeehh, I don't know 100% about that.

On the other hand, I can't think of any other modern issue whose value is just gonna keep going up.

This is true, but I think there are too many printed, which is why I'm skeptical. Maybe Batman 608 RRP or Wolverine #1 Deadpool Variant or Ultimate Spider-Man #1 White RRP will be this generations AF15. Who know...I sure don't :)

Jerome

Eeehh, I don't know 100% about that.

On the other hand, I can't think of any other modern issue whose value is just gonna keep going up.

This is true, but I think there are too many printed, which is why I'm skeptical. Maybe Batman 608 RRP or Wolverine #1 Deadpool Variant or Ultimate Spider-Man #1 White RRP will be this generations AF15. Who know...I sure don't :)

Jerome

This generation's AF 15 will be...

AF 15.

There is NO WAY any book printed in the last 20 years is going to be worth an inflation adjusted $100,000 in NM in 40 or 50 years.

No way.

Anybody watching that low grade AF 15 on ebay by a seller with just 2 feedback!! Can't believe it's already at over $4000 with a few days left.. I think it's a 1.8 at best

linkypoo

I agree about the grade, besides the spine splitting, the cover may also be completely detached. big gamble.

My membership card came in the mail today :D

AF15A.jpg

Honestly, I thought I'd never get one. 17 short years later..... lol

Jerome

Nicely penned signature with great placement! (worship) Who was your SS facilitator?

The awesome guys at Desert Wind Comics helped me with the Sig. Thanks again guys! I've dealt with them in person once and via the mail twice and every time their CS blew me.......away (lil' Arrested Dev. joke there, haha). They went above and beyond helping me with this AF15 because my in-laws changed the dates for my vacation this summer, DWC rerouted the shipping for me so it wouldn't go back to CGC (gasp!). If you have any concerns about using them, don't worry! They also kept my ASM 300 in a 9.8 for Mr. Todd to sign :)

Oh, and I just got lucky on the Sig placement. I was hoping he'd sign it there and did :cloud9:

Jerome

Anybody watching that low grade AF 15 on ebay by a seller with just 2 feedback!! Can't believe it's already at over $4000 with a few days left.. I think it's a 1.8 at best

linkypoo

I agree about the grade, besides the spine splitting, the cover may also be completely detached. big gamble.

Yeah the front cover looked loose from the rest of the pages because of that huge bottom spine split. Big gamble indeed. Also alot of tanning on the covers and pages.

Finally in the Club! Just got this book recently:) (thanks to dad) I am new to this board so thanks for letting me be apart. :headbang:

Nice! :applause: You are a luck son! I think your dad has the 8.0?

Ah, i didnt catch that.

Is this peewee jr? hm

Yes, I am peewee jr. :hi: The 8.0 will be in tomorrow!! :news:

Very nice and welcome to the boards (worship)

Although, you do realize that we all hate you already for having such an awesome dad to give you that 7.5 :devil:

lol

Yes, I am peewee jr. :hi: The 8.0 will be in tomorrow!! :news:

Very nice and welcome to the boards (worship)

Although, you do realize that we all hate you already for having such an awesome dad to give you that 7.5 :devil:

lol

Think envy is the word Im looking for. Wont ever be able to own a 7.5 unless I hit the lotto.