• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

here's a little better pic of my entry in the AF15 club. warts and all. IMO, this book got a moderate due to the cumulative work ie. none of the resto is 'glaring' on this one. no whole buildings painted in. :cloud9: picked this one up from GAtor last year. (thumbs u

AF15CGC_90.jpg

That is a gorgeous book!

here's a little better pic of my entry in the AF15 club. warts and all. IMO, this book got a moderate due to the cumulative work ie. none of the resto is 'glaring' on this one. no whole buildings painted in. :cloud9: picked this one up from GAtor last year. (thumbs u

AF15CGC_90.jpg

That is a gorgeous book!

Stunning. :golfclap:

AF15CGC_90.jpg

really is a pretty book in hand!

AF15CGC_90.jpg

:applause: Yep, that's a stunner with great PQ too!

Is it okay to buy this book with restoration without losing money in the future?

Yes, as long as you pay an appropriate price for the amount and type of restoration. There is plenty of price data out there to help you make an informed choice.

A 9.2 EP White recently sold on Clink for $7,862. You could get into a nice looking 4.5 or maybe get lucky on a lesser eye-appeal 5.0 blue label for that kind of coin. Of course a book with less resto will be more. I don't have GPA, but someone that does could chime in.

A 9.2 EP White recently sold on Clink for $7,862. You could get into a nice looking 4.5 or maybe get lucky on a lesser eye-appeal 5.0 blue label for that kind of coin. Of course a book with less resto will be more. I don't have GPA, but someone that does could chime in.

OT but Mysterio nice AA and AF collection you got. I want to do the same soon.

more like a 4.0 in todays market...a 5.0 is going no less than 9500 in type of eye appeal

A nice 4.5 just sold in the last Clink auction for $6,800. I agree that he would have to be very lucky to get a 5.0 for that money, and with the prices that the 4.0-4.5 copies have been fetching lately it is probably out of the question.

OT but Mysterio nice AA and AF collection you got. I want to do the same soon.

Thanks! It is a really fun set to try to put together. I have always loved this series and just got serious about putting the run together about 3 years ago. Part of the reason I love it is the leadup to AF #15. One of these days I will put mine on the end of my sig line, but I ran out of characters the way I did it.

AF15CGC_90.jpg

That is a gorgeous book!

Very, very clean greys! Just stunning!! Deserves the golf clap :golfclap:

AF15CGC_90.jpg

That is a gorgeous book!

Very, very clean greys! Just stunning!! Deserves the golf clap :golfclap:

Ditto, super nice looking copy. Congrats.

AF15CGC_90.jpg

Do you know who did the restoration work on that book Brian?

Do you know who did the restoration work on that book Brian?

good question, mike. I don't know but would like to. hm

[same goes for my new hulk in the other thread]