• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

here's a little better pic of my entry in the AF15 club. warts and all. IMO, this book got a moderate due to the cumulative work ie. none of the resto is 'glaring' on this one. no whole buildings painted in. :cloud9: picked this one up from GAtor last year. (thumbs u

Do you know who did the restoration work on that book Brian?

good question, mike. I don't know but would like to. hm

[same goes for my new hulk in the other thread]

It seems like it is really rare that restoration certificates are kept with the book. :(

I'm completely guessing here but Susan Cicconi might have done the work on this one. This looks like a copy Conrad Eschenburg had a long time ago. He showed it to me at a show and told me Susan did the work. In addition and this is only my opinion but Susan's extensive work on silver always seems to have reglossing.

Again, only a guess on my part but you can always send her the scan of the book and see if she remembers working on it.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=371059

Just saw this one get uploaded. Does anyone recall if this was ever a 8.5 that may have been Pressed ?

I only say this because the white streak on the left side from the off-centering seems vaguely familiar on another AF#15 that wasn't a 9.0 ! I suspect it may be the same one... just speculating.

Just saw this one get uploaded. Does anyone recall if this was ever a 8.5 that may have been Pressed ?

I only say this because the white streak on the left side from the off-centering seems vaguely familiar on another AF#15 that wasn't a 9.0 ! I suspect it may be the same one... just speculating.

Good catch! Same copy. (thumbs u

Gift 9.0, should be an 8.5 imo

Really?!?

It's looking pretty 9.0ish in that scan to me (shrug)

Definitely looks nicer than my 8.5 X-men 1. I dont have a problem with that being a 9.0 but what do i know (thumbs u

Really? I saw that book in hand twice and thought it had a strong shot at 9.0 myself.

I hate pressing. :frustrated:

I'm thinking of having my AF 15 pressed.

:censored:

:o In all seriousness, can someone out there tell whether a book has been pressed by a pressing device or pressed by sitting in between a stack of books? Whether a book has been pressed or not, it doesn't bother me one bit.

Yes. It was previously slabbed at a lower grade than now? You can bet It wasn't placed under a pile of books in the interim.

I think I confused you. The pressing comment I mentioned was directed to USAarmytrooper's copy. I knew that the 9.0 AF 15 was pressed.

I hate pressing. :frustrated:

I'm thinking of having my AF 15 pressed.

:censored:

:o In all seriousness, can someone out there tell whether a book has been pressed by a pressing device or pressed by sitting in between a stack of books? Whether a book has been pressed or not, it doesn't bother me one bit.

If I'm gonna spend > 100k for a grail, I prefer no pressing. :makepoint:

If I'm gonna spend > 100k for a grail, I prefer no pressing. :makepoint:

I will agree with preferring non pressed books, but on a greater than 100K book, the chances are quite good that the book is pressed. Nature of the beast.

I'm sure it was pressed but really who knows???

From the gift grades I've seen on books that got graded this summer, especially at the cons, it very well could have just gotten a straight bump on a resub. That book looks MUCH nicer IMO than another SA key I saw posted that got bumped from a 8.5 to a 9.2. That 9.0 AF15 blows that other key 9.2 out of the water in eye appeal if you ask me (shrug)