• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I dont know it if it will crack 100k. The Sarley 8.0 sold for 70k (technically 83,750 with bp) on heritage. I feel this book went more than some of the other 8.0's as this book was truley special, I believe an average 8.0 would be 60-70k with 8.5's being 90,000 to 120,000 in auction depending on how nice it looks and the auction house selling it. I'm going to say this book is PUSHING 100k at 90,000 to 105,000. Ebay just doesnt bring the same money as premier auction houses do, but I'm definetly looking forward to seeing what happens :headbang:

care to explain to all of us here why the Sarley books are TRULEY special? besides the marketing words from Ha.

As far as I am concerned, the Sarley collection is no better than the Saginaw collection. Heck, most would argue the Saginaw collection has more high grade books and broader. Unless I missed something, I don't see hundreds of high grade silver ages DC or Marvel from the Sarley collection.

I predicted the book can crack $100k, and you said it will push $90k to $105k....How is that any different?

Regardless, it will fun to watch the auction.

Etanick, the Sarley books were stored in mylar. The 8.0 I have possesses mint colors, gloss and the grays are perfectly smooth and ultra clean. I've never seen a SA book this bright and clean. Never. I compared the Sarley book side by side to my ultra white 7.5 and the Sarley colors are by far, bolder & brighter (the flesh on the burglar, the reds in Spidey, the yellow letters, and the "nasty" grays). Most AF15s we look at probably were stored in stacks of books raw and were preserved nicely but ultimate storage would be mylar if you could find it. If all the Sarleys look like my AF15 (and I believe they all were stored in mylar), then these are truly one of a kind specimens IMO.The scans on HA do not do the book justice. You have to be on the book to fathom it. This book gave me a new perspective on what newsstand books really do look like.

Look at the back scan of the Saginaw AF15. It is dingy, smudgey, and somewhat dirty near the spine (some are near filthy...ex, the Hulk 4 that recently sold). And the upper staple on the AF15 is rusted. Taking nothing away from the book. It is gorgeous! But the way the book was stored (in stacks of 10s in plastic wrap) account for the back cover soiling on many of the books. And finally, the 8.5 has been pressed (I found out today from Sparkle City). No way I'm spending 100k plus on a pressed book but that's just me. Pressing seems to not bother most collectors.

(thumbs u

since you and your son are among the few that have seen the book in hands, i trusted it is a nice book...no doubt about it.

as far as the 8.5 on Ebay... not a knock on your book but the reality is the white page and that big fat number 8.5 will get plenty of attention.

As far as Heritage or CL bringing in better prices for the sellers....lets see how this will play out because this is about the nicest book I have ever seen getting listed on Ebay without reserve. I can't recall ever seeing something like this and Sparkle has done well enough in the past few weeks that doing so and not have to pay 10% to anyone else put more money in their pockets.

It is a bold strategy for sure and for that, I will tip my head for Sparkle. Heck, If Ha and CL get such better prices for their books, why is that we see books from those house get flip on Ebay and here constantly?

since you and your son are among the few that have seen the book in hands, i trusted it is a nice book...no doubt about it.

as far as the 8.5 on Ebay... not a knock on your book but the reality is the white page and that big fat number 8.5 will get plenty of attention.

As far as Heritage or CL bringing in better prices for the sellers....lets see how this will play out because this is about the nicest book I have ever seen getting listed on Ebay without reserve. I can't recall ever seeing something like this and Sparkle has done well enough in the past few weeks that doing so and not have to pay 10% to anyone else put more money in their pockets.

It is a bold strategy for sure and for that, I will tip my head for Sparkle. Heck, If Ha and CL get such better prices for their books, why is that we see books from those house get flip on Ebay and here constantly?

I hear you. Hey, it's a gorgoeus 8.5 and I love WPs. If it goes for a steal, I may own it, pressing or no pressing. :headbang:

Thanks, Hawkman. I originally was somewhat intimidated to post/join here, as the perception is that this site is dedicated to so-called "slabbed" comics. But I have been pleasantly surprised at the reception my "raw" comics have received.

My Grandmother was a librarian, who taught me the value of preserving/protecting my comics.

No pressing here, although it's not quite centered.

AF15.jpg

I disagree, I think the centering is wonderful on this copy. AF #15 quite commonly has a front to back miswrap where the A in the title and 12 cent circle are cut off. One of the main criteria I used when hunting for mine was to have a full A and price circle. I think that yours is one of the better centered copies I have seen (it is quite uncommon to see back cover white along the spine). Most probably don't care, this is just how my OCD manifests.

As for raw books, I think you'll find that most on these boards just like comics, period, and don't care if they are slabbed or not. Cool books are cool books.

Ditto peewee22. Although I have decided that when the time comes for me to sell my collection, it only makes sense to have them graded independently, and encapsulated.

Keep them raw...I may barter with you... :baiting:

AF15.jpg

I disagree, I think the centering is wonderful on this copy. AF #15 quite commonly has a front to back miswrap where the A in the title and 12 cent circle are cut off. One of the main criteria I used when hunting for mine was to have a full A and price circle. I think that yours is one of the better centered copies I have seen (it is quite uncommon to see back cover white along the spine). Most probably don't care, this is just how my OCD manifests.

As for raw books, I think you'll find that most on these boards just like comics, period, and don't care if they are slabbed or not. Cool books are cool books.

I agree! This is a beautiful copy,and welcome to the boards. :applause:

AF15.jpg

I agree! This is a beautiful copy,and welcome to the boards. :applause:

+1 What a nice introduction. :applause: