Amazing Fantasy #15 Club
9 9

7,733 posts in this topic

So did you do what I suggested or was ot a straight resub?

Not sure, remind me, what did you suggest? hm My posts about this book was some time back, and I couldn't find the thread anymore. But what I did was get the graders notes over the phone from CGC (2 graders thought it was a 4.0, only the finalizer said 3.5) and I brought the book in person to the NYCC and talked to one of the graders on premises, and he agreed (that the book looked a lot better than a 3.5 and) to review the grade. Bingo, he did and it got the grade I always thought it should have gotten. Too bad it cost me twice (to have it graded by CGC) but the upgrade certainly makes it worthwhile.

I suggested sending it to Matt Nelson and pay $3 for his opinion whether the book is upgradeable. I remembered the book was a 3.0 that was bumped to a 3.5 the first time it was resub right?

Your memory is, as always, remarkable. You are exactly right. The only deviation, i.e. detour was to go right to CGC. Matt had seen the book when it was first given to him to examine, (resub) and yes it was pressed, and he thought it might grade a 4.0, but felt it was on the edge. I always felt it was worthy, and held out resubbing it, until this year when the opportunity seemed to present itself for me to do so at NYCC. I'm ecstatic that it got a 4.0, expecially in light of the fact it was once a 3.0 CR old-style label. Those old labels just keep on giving. :grin:

Af15 cgc 1.8 white pages sold for $3353 ebay 05/08/09

:tonofbricks:

Dont feel too bad , have patience, I personally witnessed two transactions recently with my own eyes. A 3.5 Blue (off-white pages copy ) sold for 4k even! No joke , not making it up. So again I say patience, top premium will only go on for as long as people pay, once the books start sitting around for a while they will come back to earth. Thousands of AF 15s out there, one will pop up in the price range you want to pay.

agreed...prices on af15's across all grades, (even 8.0 range) are falling and falling fast...stay true, be steady and be patient!

white pg bump for hawkman23

Edited by SpiderTurtle
Here's my up grade and one of my favorite white pager. :cloud9::banana:

RAD2D1FE2011929_134442.jpg

What a great book Rich. I am so glad you were able to ogtain it. The PQ, gloss, colors, overall look of this book is fabulous.

Congrats many times and I will end with the famous golf clap!! (worship) (worship) (thumbs u :golfclap:

Ditto, and it wasn't predictable(all copies of one issue).

Check out the Saginaw collection which just sold many issues of ASM. The 8.5 AF 15 and 2-3 of the earliest issues didn't seem to have any Marvel chipping, but most of the early issues did have pre-chipping.

That collection supposedly came from the same one owner, from the same comic store. If that is true, then the paper condition(result now with age) wasn''t tied to a location, but random among each print run. To me that means that the paper quality likely didn't change within a run, an issue, but the cutting heads of the trimming machines did change along the way.