• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I was very, VERY, VERY tempted to bid on the 7.0 PLOD last night.

That was the nicest looking 7.0 ive seen just about. If it had stayed a little lower i was going after it but it jumped up about an hour before it ended past what i wanted to spend :cry:

i would never buy a PLOD AF15. the purple drank label would drive me cray cray, and the need to explain to non fan boys about the restoration. that's just me tho.

I felt the same way up until about 6 months ago when i realized i'm just too much of a HG snob to ever spend THAT much to buy a low grade copy of AF15, Hulk 1, FF1 and such. I'd be VERY happy with a real nice looking PLOD on the cheap like that 7.0 last night. That 7.0 was NICE! Way, WAY nicer looking than the blue label 7.0 i bought my son last year.

I dont care what the label said, if that had stayed under 5k, i was taking it down

I felt the same way up until about 6 months ago when i realized i'm just too much of a HG snob to ever spend THAT much to buy a low grade copy of AF15, Hulk 1, FF1 and such. I'd be VERY happy with a real nice looking PLOD on the cheap like that 7.0 last night. That 7.0 was NICE! Way, WAY nicer looking than the blue label 7.0 i bought my son last year.

I dont care what the label said, if that had stayed under 5k, i was taking it down

\

you have too much money and time on your hands. :baiting:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Damazing%2520fantasy%252015%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F903350&id=903350

CGC 5.0 VGF

Married centerfold. (1 piece of tape on centerfold.)

$4300

at that price; good chance of a quick flip

probably see it for $6900 buy it now price on ebay in the near future by comicmylars :roflmao::blahblah:

i would never buy a PLOD AF15. the purple drank label would drive me cray cray, and the need to explain to non fan boys about the restoration. that's just me tho.

What did the 7.0 sell for Jason? Is the price jump affecting the PLOD's equally I wonder?

I think it was just under $5300, like $5287 or something like that IIRC.

Just checked, it was $5256.

Considering a Blue label 7.0 would be absolute minimum 30k and this PLOD 7.0 looked like a 9.0 if you ask me, i would have been MORE than happy to have that as my keeper copy (thumbs u

Considering a Blue label 7.0 would be absolute minimum 30k and this PLOD 7.0 looked like a 9.0 if you ask me, i would have been MORE than happy to have that as my keeper copy (thumbs u

That's a strong price, almost 25% of the blue label. I'd like the rest to work out to the same math.

That's a strong price, almost 25% of the blue label. I'd like the rest to work out to the same math.

I dont know, wasnt the last 7.0 Blue over 33k?

That puts last nights PLOD at about 1/6 the Blue label price.

Snobbish or not I still steer clear of PLODS, and was even that way even with coins. I would just rather have a lower grade, problem free copy.

Snobbish or not I still steer clear of PLODS, and was even that way even with coins. I would just rather have a lower grade, problem free copy.

slight(p) is fine and I hope is much more accepted in the future.

Hell, i wanted that 7.5 PLOD FF1 thats going off in about 30 minutes. That thing is INSANELY nice looking! It's going to go for probably 5k and youd have to spend about 100k to get a Blue label that looks as nice as that copy!

I had a decent bid on it but it ran past that in the last hour so no nice FF1 for me :cry: