• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

what's the story behind comicmylars?

thxs in advance

It does appear that CM does sell books, my guess is that each book carries an ultra inflated price and you do have the opportunity to make an offer. It is obvious what he pays on some of the bigger books like the AF15. We can see the profit margin he works with. One has to think he would accept a reasonable profit. He isn't screwing anyone but himself though.

When I was a real newb a few years ago, and getting back in the hobby after 15 years. I bought a CGC comic book off him as an impulsive buy.I then found out I could have gotten that same comic book for 50 percent cheaper at other venues! :o

It was my fault though as I didn`t do my homework. So his business model does work for as me being a newb I took the bait.

:gossip:

of course I won`t buy from him again,as I now know is stuff is vastly overpriced.

;)

I found out some interesting news from CGC today. Between SS, restored, qualified, and universal books on census, theres 38 AF 15's with WHITE pages. I guess my 4.0 White pages isn't as special as I thought (shrug)

Good info and be proud. FYI, there are only two SC22 WP's. Guess who owns both of them.

I found out some interesting news from CGC today. Between SS, restored, qualified, and universal books on census, theres 38 AF 15's with WHITE pages. I guess my 4.0 White pages isn't as special as I thought (shrug)

Be proud is good advice. Put it in perspective. Out of 1,582 graded copies, only 38 have white pages. That's only 3%! That's pretty rare.

Or you could put it this way: 97% ain't got white pages.

It really is pretty humorous when things like this come up i gotta say.

At least twice, i have been CRUCIFIED for saying how i only want to buy white page books. Both times, everyone and their mother jumped in and said how PQ means less than nothing, is COMPLETELY arbitrary and a c/ow book could EASILY get ow/w on a resub and a white could EASILY become ow. Spending extra for white pages is asinine blah, blah, blah.