• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

AF 15 seems to be THE book. In today's generation (My generation) spider man is MUCH more popular than Superman or even Batman (although my personal favorite super hero of all time is The Bat) and I know this because I was born in 1989, and all my friends in the 90's LOVED Spiderman, and Superman who? I dont know, that's just how it has panned out.

I'm just stunned that you were born in 89. :eek: Damn just feeling older and older every f-ing day. :cry:

Man...wish I was that young. :cry:

Is there a picture of the new 9.6???? I see it was not one of the 9.4's pressed up, as there is still 6 in the 10/11 census.

Most pressed and newly graded books don't get removed from the CGC census. Maybe a huge book like that the owner might be more considerate and send in the old label.

I sent in the old label from my AF15 PLOD 9.0 copy when I had it signed and resubmitted. I think the old certification # is still on record.

There are now 2 AF 15 9.6 and should see the million dollar sale of a few months

ago parish.

The lone 9.6 is not as special now. Let's see if this is for real.

yeah, too many unknowns right now. :gossip:(shrug)

There are now 2 AF 15 9.6 and should see the million dollar sale of a few months

ago parish.

:o Should be interesting if it comes to market...

I wonder how the person who paid $1 million for the 1st 9.6 copy feels right now. lol

ago parish.

I wonder how the person who paid $1 million for the 1st 9.6 copy feels right now. lol

half as nice...just like the GL1. ;)

ago parish.

I don't know,maybe this is just one of those books that wont dip in price when a second book appears? Does anyone know if it was a 9.4 pressed on a resub,or just a new book or was the original 9.6 resubbed thinking they could get a 9.8?maybe it's the same book. (shrug)

ago parish.

I'd love to see a scan of it. I wonder what the page quality is and if the centering is nice?

Since it did get slabbed, one could assume that it will be coming to the market in the not too distant future.

ago parish.

I don't know,maybe this is just one of those books that wont dip in price when a second book appears? Does anyone know if it was a 9.4 pressed on a resub,or just a new book or was the original 9.6 resubbed thinking they could get a 9.8?maybe it's the same book. (shrug)

I agree, there is room for another 9.6. I bet this book is ready for a flip. hm It will be interesting to know more about or a glance at it.

ago parish.

I agree, there is room for another 9.6. I bet this book is ready for a flip. hm It will be interesting to know more about or a glance at it.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that Pedigree will be auctioning this book off real soon or trying to broker a deal on it. Nothing is 100% but...

Just sayin'

:whistle:

ago parish.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that Pedigree will be auctioning this book off real soon or trying to broker a deal on it. Nothing is 100% but...

Just sayin'

Count me in........NOT! lol

ago parish.

Just sayin'

Price is good and it will come out of the woodworks. Keep us updated Roy...if you sense something. :whistle:

ago parish.

Call me naive but I really didn't think there would be another AF 15 9.6 at this point in time.

Figured all the best would have been graded already.

Would love to see a scan of it somehow.

ago parish.

Call me naive but I really didn't think there would be another AF 15 9.6 at this point in time.

Figured all the best would have been graded already.

Would love to see a scan of it somehow.

not even close to true. The % of graded copies of books like af15 is probably just a single digit. Still just scratching the surface (thumbs u

Number are fun and all, but I thought I'd pass this little AF 15-related anecdote on to y'all. So... not to brag, but I was able to use part of AF 15 for my Developmental College English classes last week.

:headbang:

I took the image of AF 15 and then compared it to a published piece of Spidey from the 2000s. Students then needed to 1. Tell me about the physical differences between the two representations of Spidey, 2. Based on the differences they found, infer possible priorities of the artist in their portrayal of Spidey, and then 3. Draw their own conclusions about the priorities of the culture of the 1960s and the 2000s.

For developmental students, you'd be surprised how much they were able to draw out of these two images.

(p.s. Unanimous decision that AF 15 was crafted, thoughtful, story-driven, and a better overall image)

:headbang:

:whee: