• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7039&lotNo=91055#Photo

thats a pretty strong price for a 4.5. i've seen that copy previously in the last couple of years, don't remember if its been pressed up from its previous owner. that black pen mark is a destinctive giveway

theres a 4k spread b/t that 4.5 and this 4.0

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7039&lotNo=91056#Photo

Makes it seem like the 4.0 was a bargain in comparison

That was low price for the 6.5. Maybe a boardie won it.

If I did not already have an OW/W 6.5 with beautiful cover coming to me from Blazing Bob (that I paid more for) I would have gone for that CLink 6.5 for sure... That sold for a great price consider current upswing and HA sale a few hours earlier.

If I did not already have an OW/W 6.5 with beautiful cover coming to me from Blazing Bob (that I paid more for) I would have gone for that CLink 6.5 for sure... That sold for a great price consider current upswing and HA sale a few hours earlier.

That sure was a big spread on final hammer prices on two 6.5 AF15 just hours apart :screwy:

That sure was a big spread on final hammer prices on two 6.5 AF15 just hours apart :screwy:

Surprised by how cheap the CL AF 15 6.5 sold for too :o

A 6.5 SS on the CConnect auction still, to close in a couple of weeks. I noticed in the GPA that Sig Series goes for slightly higher in the same grade. Looks like 6.5 may be the next to spike a bit since the 7.0 and the 7.5 are starting to spread a bit and is becoming untouchable for the everyday collector who still want to get the first Spidey app. With the Spidey movie next year and Stan Lee not getting any younger, this is a nice book.

Just out of curiosity for those of us too lazy or short on time to look them up, what where these hammer prices?

Just out of curiosity for those of us too lazy or short on time to look them up, what where these hammer prices?

The HA 6.5 had ow pages and sold for $26,290, the Clink 6,5 went for $20,001 I didnt catch the PQ, but both books were fine examples

The HA 6.5 had ow pages and sold for $26,290, the Clink 6,5 went for $20,001 I didnt catch the PQ, but both books were fine examples

I can see the Heritage ad now...

Yikes, that is a substantial drop! No way PQ did that unless the Clink book was brittle (and I know it wasn't as I would have remembered that).

easy really, if there are truly only 2 people willing to pay > $20k for a 6.5, after the winner with HA is out of equation, there isn't anyone left to fight with the underbidder for the copy at CL.

Often on big books, there are very few bidders and just removing one can create a void. It is not the sellers' faults to list all those books at the same time but it is one of those bad timing.

Got my board membership, this time with scan power! (albeit weak scan power)

In my opinion definitely an ugly 5.0, but I'm just happy to have one of these Silver Grails :)

-Will

Congrats! :applause:

Nice PQ!